Not only is your home’s garbage disposal an unrivaled convenience that brings productivity to your home, but it also plays a pivotal role in minimizing the amount of food waste that turns up in landfills, helping you do your part to promote better environmental health. Unfortunately, just as with any other appliance and home feature, your garbage disposal may succumb to leaks, clogs, and other forms of damage. When this issue arises, Mr. Appliance of El Cajon is here to relieve you of your compromised garbage disposal with efficient garbage disposal repair. We offer our garbage disposal repair service to customers in El Cajon, La Mesa, and Santee, CA.
Unmatched Garbage Disposal Repair Knowledge
Repairing garbage disposal malfunctions has never been easier with the help of Mr. Appliance of El Cajon. With a wealth of knowledge regarding the two primary types of garbage disposal units, including continuous-feed and batch-feed units, our service professionals are equipped to remedy minor to complex garbage disposal repair needs promptly and efficiently. Some of the frequently seen garbage disposal issues we work with include the following:
- No Power - If your garbage disposal has no power, verifying whether it’s due to a tripped circuit breaker is important. If so, press the reset button on the bottom of the unit to regain the power supply. If the circuit breaker is not the culprit, it may be a motor malfunction that calls for replacement.
- Obstructions - When high-fiber foods, bones, utensils, and other objects or debris get lodged in your garbage disposal, it can cause an obstruction. Beneath the motor, you can use a socket wrench to manually rotate the masher plate to aid in removing the blockage. It’s important never to place your hand inside the garbage disposal.
- Clogged Drain - If a clogged drain is affecting your garbage disposal, shut off the power using the main disconnect and disassemble the trap to remove the clog with a drain snake. Once you restore the pieces, turn your water on and verify whether the clog has been fixed. If it hasn’t, contact our service professionals for assistance.
- Excessive Noise - When your garbage disposal is making loud and excessive noises, it’s often a result of loose foreign objects, mounting screws, damaged flyweights, or worn-out blades and lugs, requiring prompt garbage disposal repair service to mitigate the risk of leaks and further damage.
- Water Leaks - If your garbage disposal is leaking, it’s often a symptom of a loose rubber gasket or sink flange that requires replacement. Pursuing service as soon as you detect the leak is essential to deter more damage to your unit and home.
Garbage Disposal Repair Parts
When it comes to garbage disposal repair that requires specific parts replacement, Mr. Appliance of El Cajon has you covered with an impressive inventory of parts for garbage disposal brands, including InSinkErator, KitchenAid, and beyond. We frequently source and offer our customers the following parts for their garbage disposal repair service:
- Lids and baffles
- Seals and gaskets
Identifying When to Replace Your Garbage Disposal
In most cases, garbage disposal repair is enough to restore the function of your unit. However, if you identify one or several of the following problems, replacement may be on the horizon, including:
- The unit will not turn on, but you are not experiencing a home power issue
- The garbage disposal unit’s body is leaking water
- The garbage disposal requires recurring resets
The above occurrences all point to severely compromised garbage disposal components, such as a faulty motor, wiring, or body of the garbage disposal unit. Even though repairs may be possible, the garbage disposal repair cost on these issues is significantly less cost-effective than pursuing a replacement. When a garbage disposal malfunctions due to flyweights, flanges, or blades, replacement is typically suitable. The service professionals at Mr. Appliance of El Cajon are here to guide you through the best options for your home.
Is It Hard to Replace a Garbage Disposal?
On a scale of one to ten, replacing your garbage disposal on your own falls at around seven to ten, depending on how well-equipped you are to take on a project of this complexity. Garbage disposals comprise many different parts and plumbing connections, making it challenging to navigate alone. That’s why customers in El Cajon, La Mesa, and Santee, CA rely on the service professionals at Mr. Appliance of El Cajon, ensuring their installation is performed seamlessly, deterring future problems.
Is It Worth It to Replace My Garbage Disposal Blade?
We don’t recommend pursuing a garbage disposal blade replacement when faced with blade malfunctions. While you can purchase a replacement blade plate, also referred to as a shredding plate, the cost of the piece accounts for approximately 25-35% of the cost of pursuing an entire garbage disposal replacement. Furthermore, depending on your unit's model, some garbage disposal blades cannot be replaced at all.
Safeguard Your Appliances with Mr. Appliance of El Cajon
From repairing garbage disposal issues to guiding customers through replacement services, Mr. Appliance of El Cajon is El Cajon, La Mesa, and Santee, CA’s premier destination for quality garbage disposal solutions. However, we don’t stop there. Our service professionals are skilled in a range of other home appliance services, including washing machine, dryer, refrigerator, and freezer repair, amongst many other quality solutions that enhance the performance and comfort of your home. Additionally, our services are backed by a quality guarantee and come with upfront service prices to ensure our customers feel secure when they rely on our expertise. When you need quality service to remedy your garbage disposal repair needs, Mr. Appliance of El Cajon is here to assist you. Contact our friendly team today to discuss your garbage disposal problems and schedule your service.