Your garbage disposal is perfect for ensuring your food waste stays out of your kitchen trash can, leading to less waste going into your local landfill. A garbage disposal can be frightening when it develops a problem, though. Every homeowner has heard a scary anecdote about people getting their hands caught in garbage disposals. Making your garbage disposal a DIY repair risks your appliance and could result in an injury. Call the pros at Mr. Appliance of Leesburg & Martinsburg for timely and conclusive garbage disposal repair services in Leesburg, VA, and Martinsburg, WV. If your garbage disposal acts up and doesn’t work properly, our team will find the exact cause of your problem and perform repairs in no time to restore its functionality. You can get more information about our garbage disposal repairs and contact us to schedule service at your home.
Service for the Two Types of Garbage Disposals
You may not know that garbage disposals come in two different types. Mr. Appliance of Leesburg & Martinsburg’s team of seasoned appliance repair experts has in-depth training and expertise in repairing both types. However, it’s essential to understand which garbage disposal type you have in your home when you need an appliance specialist to repair or maintain your garbage disposal. We’ve described each of the two types of garbage disposals:
- Continuous Feed – Continuous feed garbage disposals start running when you flip a switch. This garbage disposal type runs continuously while you have it turned on and usually uses a rubber shield to keep food inside.
- Batch Feed – Batch feed garbage disposals have a distinctive safety feature that prevents them from running unless you place a cap or lid over them. This is an excellent option if you have little children living in or visiting your home.
Solutions for Common Garbage Disposal Repairs
Many things can go wrong with your garbage disposal and impact its performance or grind it to a halt. No matter what problem develops with your appliance, our friendly, uniformed technicians will gladly show you the best repair options to resolve it. In many cases, your garbage disposal may not need professional repair services. If you question if your appliance needs expert attention, you should always prioritize safety and protect your household investment by calling Mr. Appliance of Leesburg & Martinsburg. The following are examples of the most common garbage disposal issues:
- There Is No Power to the Garbage Disposal – First, look at your electrical panel to verify that none of your breakers have tripped. After that, you can attempt to reset your garbage disposal. When your garbage disposal gets jammed, there’s a good chance it will overheat and turn itself off. You’ll typically find a red reset button on the unit to restore power. If none of these factors resolve your garbage disposal issue, you probably need to replace your unit’s motor.
- Garbage Disposal Jams – Jams are one of the most common issues garbage disposals can experience. High-fiber foods are typical culprits clogging home garbage disposals. You should never try to clear a clog by going through the top of your garbage disposal. This appliance should have a hole under the motor to give you access to a socket wrench. If you rotate that, your garbage disposal’s masher plate should clear the jam.
- Clogged Garbage Disposal Drain – Your garbage disposal can develop a clog like any other drain in your home. However, clearing clogs in a garbage disposal can be tricky. Let Mr. Appliance of Leesburg & Martinsburg help you by snaking out the clogs that form in your appliance.
- Excessive Noise – If your garbage disposal is making excessive noise, this issue is typical because of something getting stuck inside, such as a screw or bone.
- Leaking Garbage Disposal – When your household garbage disposal’s seals and gaskets wear out, dirty water can start leaking under your sink. We can help you resolve this issue by replacing your unit’s gaskets and resealing your garbage disposal conclusively.
Experience Fixing Every Garbage Disposal Brand
Mr. Appliance of Leesburg & Martinsburg has provided reliable home appliance repair services in and around Leesburg, VA and Martinsburg, WV for a long time. Over our years of service, we have quickly repaired every make and model of garbage disposal people put in their kitchens. No matter which garbage disposal type you have in your home, you can trust us to know and apply the best repair methods to resolve nearly any issue. Some garbage disposal brands our trustworthy team repairs include the following:
- InSinkErator (such as Badger 5)
High-Quality Garbage Disposal Replacement Parts
Repairing garbage disposal often requires us to replace one or more of its parts. Mr. Appliance of Leesburg & Martinsburg always performs garbage disposal repairs using the highest quality replacement parts. We also offer a 1-year parts and labor warranty to back all our residential appliance services. The following are some parts we might need to replace during your appointment:
- Lids and baffles
- Gaskets and Seals
Schedule a Garbage Disposal Repair Appointment Today
Mr. Appliance of Leesburg & Martinsburg’s service professionals are ready to help you by repairing your garbage disposal and keeping the process as easy as possible. One of our uniformed technicians will visit your home on time and diagnose your problem’s specific cause. After diagnosis, they will give you a breakdown of your garbage disposal repair cost details and provide an accurate estimate of the final price. To make our services even easier, you can use our online tool to help you schedule an appointment. Contact us today to schedule your garbage disposal repair appointment online.