A washing machine is a wonderful convenience that can often be taken for granted—until it breaks down and leaves you with loads of dirty laundry. When you notice problems, schedule washer repair service right away to limit the risk of water damage or further complications. Whether your washing machine won't drain, won't spin, or simply won't turn on, Mr. Appliance® can provide regular service or emergency repair to address the problem. Our experts also provide careful preventative maintenance, which we recommend for any laundry room appliance.
Washing Machine Service for a Variety of Washers
Your local Mr. Appliance offers convenient scheduling and upfront pricing for washing machine repair service and maintenance. Our experts live and breathe quality workmanship, offering a parts and labor warranty and honoring the Neighborly Done Right Promise®.
We know all the inner workings of a wide range of washers, including:
- Top-loading washing machines
- Front-loading washing machines
- Combination units
- Compact washing machines
- Smart washers
Common Washing Machine Problems We Repair
These appliances have a lot of moving parts, which makes clothes washer repair an unfortunately common necessity. We can put your mind at ease by addressing a range of problems, including these common ones, that you might run into:
- Your washing machine is dead or won't turn on. In most cases, this is caused by a tripped, off-balance switch from a weight-imbalanced load. It's easily solved by redistributing clothes. Otherwise, you may have a problem with the timer/control board, or your outlet, which our professionals can take care of.
- Your washing machine is not spinning or agitating properly. Soaked clothes at the end of a wash cycle may indicate that the washer isn't spinning. This could be due to a defective lid switch or lid plunger, damaged wires, broken or worn-out drive belt, or a bad timer/control board. Washing machine drum repair can take care of internal problems. Something as simple as a washing machine door repair can fix a malfunctioning lid switch that doesn't allow your washer to agitate.
- You notice excessive vibration. If you notice excessive vibration, your washer may not be leveled properly or could be on a weakened wood floor. Worn dampers may also be to blame. If the interior of the drum moves excessively compared to the fixed exterior, trust Mr. Appliance for expert washing machine bearing repair.
- Your washing machine leaks. Excess soap, loose hoses, drain hose clogs, and leaking pumps, tubs, or tub water injection hoses could be to blame for leaks and other similar damage.
- Clothes don't come out of the wash clean. If wash cycles leave spots or excess soap on laundry, it could mean you need washing machine valve repair or replacement. Or you may need a professional to repair or replace a defective timer, control board, or detergent dispenser.
- Your washer isn't draining properly. Water will remain in the drum if you have a defective pump, worn drive belt, or clogged drain hose. When it doesn't drain properly, it could lead to serious problems like mold and mildew. Our service professionals can take care of everything from washing machine drain switch repair to washing machine pump repair.
Washing Machine Replacement Parts Mr. Appliance Installs
If you've noticed any of the above problems with your washer, Mr. Appliance is here to help. We replace any part on a washing machine, including:
- Timers/control boards
- Lid switches
- Lid plungers
- Pressure switches
- Agitator assemblies
- Drive spindles
- Transmission mode levers
Washing Machine Repair Near Me
Don't let laundry pile up because of a broken-down washer! Schedule service with Mr. Appliance online or call us. We'll leave your washing machine in great condition and can even set up routine maintenance services with you afterward.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my washing machine shake?
An unbalanced load is the most common reason washing machines shake. Your machine may also not be level, whether it’s due to an uneven floor, warped supports, or run-down damper pads. Check your washing machine’s balance by rocking the appliance side to side. An unbalanced machine will move a lot, in which case you can check out these steps for leveling a washing machine.
Why does my sink gurgle when the washing machine drains?
This happens because the washer pushes a relatively high volume of water through a shared drain. If the drain is fully or partially blocked, it creates a vacuum, pushing air ahead to make the gurgling sound. If your sink gurgles when you do laundry, it's time to call in plumbing experts.
Is it worth fixing a leaking washing machine?
It depends! If your washing machine isn’t that old and the repairs will cost less than half the value of a new appliance, a repair is usually the way to go. For example, leaks can be caused by one small malfunction that’s not worth replacing the whole appliance over.
Are your laundry room appliances ready to go? Neighborly® offers connections to service providers that handle other areas in your home.
- Make sure your plumbing runs smoothly on laundry day with plumbing maintenance checks from Mr. Rooter®
- Five Star Painting® makes your home look fresh with interior painting services perfect for changing up your rooms.
- Keep your appliances supplied with power when you entrust your home energy needs to the electrical service experts at Mr. Electric®.