When you rely on your dishwasher every day, a sudden maintenance issue is beyond frustrating. But you won’t have to hand-wash your dishes for long. Reach out to Mr. Appliance® for excellent local dishwasher repair services. Our technicians are experienced, speedy, and happy to explain the issue to you before they repair it.
Quick Dishwasher Repair Service
From extended wash cycles to drainage problems, a variety of issues may be keeping your dishwasher from giving you the quality results you expect. Mr. Appliance will identify the cause and find a quick solution. We also offer routine dishwasher maintenance to extend the service life of your appliance. We offer up-front pricing, and we guarantee quality workmanship.
These are some common dishwasher issues we resolve:
- The dishwasher isn’t cleaning dishes well. When dishes are not adequately cleaned, it may be due to a blocked spray arm, a worn pump assembly, a wash impeller problem, or a burned-out heating element.
- The dishwasher hums and then turns off. This usually means that the motor is seized and needs to be replaced. We can help you determine if this is the case and then provide dishwasher repair services.
- The wash cycles take too long. If your dishwasher runs too long, it may have a defective thermostat or timer/control board. Our dishwasher service experts will troubleshoot it for you.
- The dishwasher does not fill with water. If your dishwasher is not getting water, it might have a defective water inlet solenoid, a failed valve, a stuck or defective overflow float switch, or a malfunctioning timer/control board. We can repair any of these issues!
- The dishwasher is not draining. If the water in your dishwasher won’t drain, the most common culprits are a clogged drain line, a worn-out drain solenoid, or a failing drain impeller.
- The dishwasher is leaking. Using too much or incompatible soap is a primary culprit for leaks. But worn door gaskets, tub-to-motor gaskets, or spray arm assemblies may be to blame. A leaking pump/motor assembly may also be the issue.
In other words, if your dishwasher stopped working correctly, each symptom could imply many different causes! Having a professional from Mr. Appliance check out your appliance is the surest way to get a positive diagnosis and an efficient fix.
Dishwasher Brands We Commonly Service
Parts We Commonly Replace
- Pump assemblies
- Float switches
- Heating elements
- Wash and drain impellers
Schedule Dishwasher Repair Near Me
Help your dishwasher keep its place on the family chore chart. Take off your dishwashing gloves, and book dishwasher repair services with the experts at Mr. Appliance. Call us or schedule service online.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I repair or replace my dishwasher?
Since a dishwasher typically lasts about 12 years, you can start there in making your decision. If your unit is less than 10 years old and doesn’t need intensive work, then a repair is likely a smart choice. Sometimes it’s simply more economical to replace the dishwasher. At Mr. Appliance, we’re honest with our customers about whether a repair or a replacement is the best next step.
How to repair a rusted dishwasher rack:
Purchase dishwasher rack paint online or at your favorite home improvement store. Follow the paint manufacturer’s instructions for resealing the worn-out areas of the rack. Because rusty chips and cracks in a dishwasher can collect bacteria, we recommend not delaying this task for long.