Your dryer is a valuable appliance that saves you time by drying your clothes easily, quickly, and thoroughly. When something happens that affects the clothes dryer’s condition or ability to dry your clothes, you can count on the team at Mr. Appliance of Greater St. Louis. We offer professional dryer repair services in St. Louis, Ballwin, and Chesterfield, MO. Most of us rely on the washers and dryers kept in our laundry rooms to ensure we always have clean clothes, so we understand how frustrating dryer problems can be when you have a load to run. Sometimes, dryers fail to work altogether, but you can also deal with inefficient operation, costing you money to keep running your machine enough to dry your clothes completely. If you notice slow drying, monthly energy bills increase, or any other issues, you can reach out to us to schedule service.
Comprehensive Dryer Repair Services
Our dryer experts can handle all the work you need when performing residential dryer repair services. Mr. Appliance of Greater St. Louis’s technicians will gladly visit your home in the city or suburbs to inspect your dryer, determine the problem, and resolve it with quick, efficient repairs. We repair gas and electric dryers and perform vent maintenance services. You need a basic understanding of how dryers work to know what might be wrong with your appliance. Dryers include a rotating drum called a tumbler. The tumbler evaporates moisture while circulating heated hair. During this process, your dryer pushes humid air through the venting system to the outside of your home, allowing dry air to do its job and ensuring your laundry comes out dry. Our team repairs all these appliance parts and can also clean dryer vents for smooth and safe operation. We invite you to learn more about the two main types of dryers we repair:
- Electric Dryers – An electric dryer is easier to install and more affordable to purchase. The exhaust requirements for electric dryers are minimal since they only use steam venting.
- Gas Dryers – These dryers use natural gas or propane to operate. Gas dryers cost more upfront but are more energy-efficient, saving you money on our monthly electric energy bills. You do require specialized venting for a gas dryer.
Common Dryer Problems We Fix
If you've noticed a problem with your dryer, you don’t need to panic. Mr. Appliance of Greater St. Louis offers professional clothes dryer repair services to Missouri homeowners. Be sure to get in touch with our technicians if you notice any of the following common dryer issues:
- Dryer not producing heat – Dryer drums that spin but don’t produce heat can be caused by a bad temperature switch, fuse, heating coils, or thermostat.
- Dryer not running – First, you should verify that your dryer is plugged in and check your circuit breakers. Dryers that don't operate may be caused by damaged terminal blocks, bad thermostats, or broken start switches.
- Drum not spinning – Sometimes, the motor in your dryer will run effectively, but the drum won’t spin. This is most commonly because your dryer has a broken belt, but other causes, such as bad rollers, motors, or idler pulleys, may be the issue.
- Dryer getting too hot – While dryers can dry your clothes quickly when they get too hot, they can also lead to hazardous situations that you need to address immediately. You may be dealing with clogged vents, a bad thermostat, or faulty heating coils.
Service & Repairs on All Dryer Brands
The team at Mr. Appliance of Greater St. Louis proudly offers dryer repair on all major dryer brands, such as Samsung, Maytag, LG, Whirlpool, GE, and many others. We would be glad to give you an accurate estimate of what our dryer repair service will cost to fix your dryer. Our expert technicians can provide all the parts your dryer may need, including the following:
- Heating coils
- Idler pullets
- Temperature switches
Schedule Dryer Repair Services Today
Mr. Appliance of Greater St. Louis’s professionals also proudly offer dryer maintenance services designed to help you prevent inconvenient breakdowns, stay safe in your home, and save money on energy costs. Our qualified experts offer warranties on our parts and workmanship and stand behind the Neighborly Done Right Promise®. Contact us today to schedule service.