Repairing All Freezer Brands
Mr. Appliance of Wichita can work with almost any brand and type of freezer. The most common freezer brands we service are the following:
- GE Monogram
- GE Profile
- Hot Point
- Fisher & Paykel
- Magic Chef
Most Common Freezer Issues
Your freezer works hard to keep your food frozen. The multiple working parts in the appliance combine to ensure food is frozen and stays fresh. The most common freezer problems we repair include:
- Freezer won’t work – If your freezer will not turn on, make sure it is plugged in with the power switch on. If it still will not work, our professionals will locate the problem.
- Inconsistent freezer temperature – Temperature fluctuations in your freezer are often caused by dust or debris.
- Freezer not cooling – The freezer will sometimes seem warmer if someone leaves the freezer door open or adjusts the temperature controls. The freezer door seals may also be loose.
- Freezer too cold – You may notice frosting on your food if your freezer is too cold. Frost around your pipes could indicate a significant issue.
- Strange noises – If your freezer sounds strange or makes banging sounds, it may have a compressor or engine issue.
- Defective freezer door seals – A freezer door seal helps the freezer stay properly closed to freeze food. We can quickly repair and replace the freezer door seals if it is damaged.
Freezer Part Replacements
The parts in your freezer work together to ensure your food stays frozen. Avoid trying to replace these parts, as they can cause injury without the proper equipment and training. We can replace any freezer part, including:
- Evaporator coils
- Evaporator fans
- Door seals
- Defrost timers and heaters
- Door switches
- Overload protectors
- Seals and gaskets
- Defrost control timers
Freezer Care Hacks
We offer freezer maintenance services to routinely check your appliances for any issues. Our experts also share appliance care tips to properly care for your freezer, including:
- If you have an ice maker, change its water filter every six months.
- Clean out the freezer coils yearly for efficient operation.
- Check the freezer for any debris or food buildup.
- Always contact our professionals as soon as you notice a problem.