Keep the Ice Flowing in Your Home
Ice machines give us the convenience of fresh ice without using ice trays. When your ice machine has issues, it isn’t much fun going back to emptying ice trays and refilling them with water. Mr. Appliance of Wichita provides ice maker repair services in Wichita, KS. Trust our professionals to get your ice maker working quickly. Contact us to learn more or schedule ice maker repair services.
We Repair All Brands of Ice Makers
Our appliance technicians can repair any make or model of ice maker. The most common ice maker brands we repair include:
- GE Monogram
- GE Profile
- Hot Point
- Fisher & Paykel
- Magic Chef
Wichita Ice Machine Repair & Parts
Your ice machine’s job is to simply make ice. It’s part of an interconnected system that works to produce ice for you. We provide a one-year parts and labor warranty for our ice maker repairs. Some of the most common ice machine parts we repair and replace include:
- Control boards
- Storage bins and baggers
- Water filtration systems
We Service All Ice Makers
Mr. Appliance of Wichita services all makes and models of ice makers. Our expert technicians can perform ice maker repairs for:
- Freezer ice makers
- Portable ice machines
- Undercounter ice machines
- Freestanding ice machines
- Built-in ice makers
- Built-in or freestanding ice machines
- Combination ice machine and water dispenser
Ice Machine Troubleshooting
You’ve known something has been off with your ice maker for days, but you weren’t sure if you needed ice machine repair. Wichita KS homeowners should act at the first sign, helping to prevent more serious issues from taking place. But how do you know what a sign of a faulty ice maker is and if it’s not something that will resolve itself? Rule of thumb: no appliance issue goes away on its own, it only worsens with time and compromises the quality and working power of the other parts. Whether you’re experiencing a problem now or not, you should inspect your machine for the following:
- The freezer switch won’t work and shuts off on its own
- The freezer is too warm to function properly
- The incoming water pressure is noticeably low
- The water inlet valve won’t let water pass through the machine
- There are issues with the door switch, and your ice maker isn’t turning on
- There is a clog in the water filter
- The thermostat is defective and will not trigger your maker to produce ice
- There is a control board failure
- Ice cubes are malformed
- You see leaks around the base of your fridge, freezer, or ice maker
- The machine does not make many cubes or makes them too slowly
- The machine does not produce cubes at all
With so many different issues an ice machine can face, so many different parts, and so many different brands, you can easily understand the value of calling a professional for ice machine repair. Wichita KS residents can get the help they need quickly and conveniently by calling Mr. Appliance.
Why Choose Mr. Appliance For Ice Machine Repair, Wichita KS?
An ice maker works similarly to an air conditioner. You may even say it’s just as useful on a hot day. We know that many Kansas locals can’t live without their ice machine—even in the winter! That means it’s one of the most valued appliances in the home, which in turn means that having the number of a reliable repairman is essential for most homeowners. That’s exactly why you’re here.
You should know that no job is too big or too small for Mr. Appliance’s professional technicians. If you’re hesitating to call a pro because you’re hoping to tackle the repair on your own, it’s important to remember that assessing the condition of an icemaker is always hot and cold and that, often, when one issue occurs, it will cause another shortly after. Getting to the root cause of all issues is what we’re more interested in, and we do this because we want to give you a long-lasting solution and not a band-aid.
From convenient appointment times to our extensive range of parts, we truly take the hassle out of ice machine repair. Wichita KS locals looking for top-tier service, flat-rate pricing, and no surprise fees will benefit from our unique services. Call our helpful customer service team today to get started.
Frequently Asked Questions About Ice Maker Repair Wichita KS Residents Should Read
What is the Average Lifespan of an Ice Maker?
Whatever you choose to spend money on needs to work. Wichita residents know that not all appliances are made the same and that some last longer than others. With that said, in general, you should get four to six years out of your stand-alone ice machine but more than ten from the one built into your refrigerator. Commercial ice machines can get up to fifteen years of use. The catch? They need to be regularly serviced as part of a preventive maintenance routine. Not just commercial appliances but all residential appliances, too, if you’d like to get the most out of them. While paying for regular service may rank low on your wish list now, it will pay off in the long run, saving you money when you don’t find yourself buying a new ice maker annually.
Why Would I Need Ice Machine Repair in Wichita KS?
An ice machine is a complex device with multiple parts. Our appliance repair technicians will work quickly to diagnose your ice maker’s problems. The most common ice maker repair issues include:
- Ice machines won’t produce ice – When your freezer cannot reach between zero and five degrees Fahrenheit, it will not produce ice cubes.
- Insufficient water supply – When you have a defective inlet valve, it cuts off the ice machine’s water supply.
- Damaged freezer door switch – When the freezer door switch is damaged, the freezer will not produce ice because it thinks the door is open.
- Low water pressure – The water pressure in your ice machine must be below 20 psi, or it will not work correctly.
- Clogged water filter – A clogged water filter won’t let adequate water flow through the filter to produce full-size ice cubes.
- Failing mold thermostat – The mold thermostat is responsible for telling your ice cubes to eject into the ice tray.
- Faulty ice level control board – the ice level control board tells the ice maker to turn off when the ice tray is full and will not produce new ice if the control board is damaged.
- Takes too long to produce ice – Your ice machine will take a long time to produce a large amount of ice if the environment is too warm.
- Will not turn on to make ice – Your ice maker will stop producing ice cubes if it has warm water from dishwashers or sinks pumping into the cold-water line.
- Water leaks – If you notice puddles in your freezer, a leaky water inlet valve may be the culprit.
- Dispenses strangely shaped cubes – You may have misshapen ice cubes if you have a water supply restriction.
How Do I Know When My Ice Maker Needs to be Replaced?
See that list of issues above? If you notice any of these problems, likely, all you need is an ice machine repair. Wichita KS residents who have old ice makers with multiple problems…they’re a different story. The easiest way to ensure you choose the most appropriate option (repair or replacement) is to call your Wichita ice machine repairman. We know exactly how to identify what’s going on with your machine and will give you our honest opinion of whether a replacement is necessary or not.
How Much Does It Cost For Ice Machine Repair in Wichita KS?
When choosing Mr. Appliance of Wichita for the job, you know you’re getting upfront, flat-rate pricing always. There will never be any surprise costs added to your bill, nor will there be any overtime or weekend charges. You’ll pay for the job as a whole, not the number of hours it takes to complete it. To find out how much your repair will cost, call our knowledgeable staff and schedule an ice machine service appointment.
Need Ice Machine Repair, Wichita KS? Call Mr. Appliance Today!
Mr. Appliance of Wichita understands the frustration of a broken ice maker. Our experienced technicians offer comprehensive appliance services in Wichita, Haysville, Newton, Andover, Derby, Goddard, and the surrounding areas. We will quickly identify your ice maker problems and offer an effective solution. Our team always offers free quotes and honest pricing. You can count on us to show up on time and explain our findings to you.
Contact us today to get a free quote on ice maker repair services or inquire about additional appliance repair services for washing machines, dryers, ovens, and more.