Your dryer is a valuable appliance that saves you time by letting you dry your wet clothes quickly, thoroughly, and easily. When a problem develops with your clothes dryer, the trustworthy team of appliance specialists at Mr. Appliance of Spencer gladly provides professional dryer repair services in Spencer, Milford, and Lake Park, IA. Most of us rely on our washers and dryers and spend weekend time in our laundry rooms, so we know how frustrating problems with your home’s clothes dryer can be. Sometimes, a dryer will stop working altogether, but this appliance may also operate inefficiently. This issue can cost you more money to keep your dryer running long enough to ensure your clothes are completely dry. If you notice your appliance dries clothes, spikes your energy bills, or displays any other issues, we encourage you to reach out to us to schedule timely and conclusive repair services.
Comprehensive Dryer Repair Solutions
As local dryer repair experts, we do everything regarding residential dryer repair services. Mr. Appliance of Spencer has a team of technicians ready to visit your home in Milford or Lake Park and inspect your dryer, determine the exact problem, and resolve it. We offer repair solutions for gas and electric dryers and provide vent maintenance services to keep your dryer running safely and reliably. Knowing your dryer’s specific problem and cause calls for a basic understanding of how this essential appliance operates. Dryers have a rotating drum inside, known as a tumbler, that circulates heated hair and evaporates moisture in your clothes. During the drying process, your dryer pushes humid air through a venting system to the air outside your home, making room for dry air to pull the moisture from wet fabrics. Our appliance repair specialists repair all parts found in these appliances and can clean your dryer vent for smooth operation and safety. Below, we’ve described the two main dryer types we repair to keep clothes fresh and clean:
- Electric Dryers – Electric dryers are more affordable and easier to install, making them convenient to set up with more budget-friendly upfront costs. This dryer type’s exhaust requirements are minimal because they only use steam venting.
- Gas Dryers – This dryer type operates on propane or natural gas or propane and has a higher upfront cost. However, they are more energy-efficient, saving you money on your monthly electricity costs. A gas dryer also requires specialized venting.
Common Dryer Issues We Resolve
If your dryer develops problems of any kind, you don’t need to panic. Mr. Appliance of Spencer’s professional clothes dryer repair services are available to Iowa homeowners. We urge you to contact our technicians if any of the following common dryer issues occur with your home appliance:
- Dryer not producing heat – If your dryer drum spins but doesn’t produce heat, it can be because it has a bad temperature switch, heating coils, thermostat, or fuse.
- Dryer not running – Before contacting us, we recommend verifying you’ve plugged in your dryer and then checking your circuit breakers. Dryers not operating may be because of damaged terminal blocks, broken start switches, or bad thermostats.
- Drum not spinning – Sometimes, your dryer’s motor will run effectively, but your drum won’t spin. This issue is probably due to a broken belt. However, other causes may be responsible for this problem, such as motors, rollers, or idler pulleys.
- Dryer getting too hot – A dryer that gets too hot may dry your clothes more quickly, but it can also cause dangerous situations that require a professional to address them immediately. Clogged vents, faulty heating coils, or a bad thermostat may be to blame for your dryer’s excessive heat.
Service Expertise for All Dryer Brands
The technicians at Mr. Appliance of Spencer proudly offer timely and careful dryer repair solutions for all major dryer brands, such as GE, Maytag, Whirlpool, Samsung, and LG. We will happily provide you with an accurate estimate covering what your dryer repair service will cost. Our appliance experts also provide all parts your dryer may need the restore its safe and reliable operation, including the following:
- Heating coils
- Idler pullets
- Temperature switches
Contact Us to Schedule Dryer Repair Services
Mr. Appliance of Spencer’s talented service technicians also proudly performs dryer maintenance services we design to help you pay less for your energy costs, keep your home safe, and prevent inconvenient or hazardous breakdowns. Our highly qualified appliance experts offer warranties on all our workmanship and parts, and we stand behind the Neighborly Done Right Promise® to ensure you get a top-tier service experience. Contact us today to get an estimate and schedule service.