A freezer is one of the best ways to prevent food waste while allowing you to save money by buying in bulk. When you have a freezer full of food, you can spin in a panic when it breaks down and begins to thaw. The FDA says that keeping food at zero degrees Fahrenheit or lower will prevent the growth of bacteria that spoils food. When the temperature rises above that, you need to get your freezer fixed as quickly as possible to protect everything in your freezer. Mr. Appliance of Spencer performs freezer repairs in Spencer, Iowa, and the surrounding areas. Learn more about our freezer service and repairs.
Repairs for All Major Freezer Brands
If you need fridge or freezer repairs, don’t worry about the brand, make, or model you have. Mr. Appliance of Spencer can fix any type of freezer, whether it’s a brand-new, state-of-the-art unit or an older model. We have worked on freezers long enough to have seen nearly every brand on the market. Even if it’s an especially rare unit, we have the mechanical understanding to navigate brands we’re seeing for the first time. That’s the expertise and versatility you get from working with the area’s premier appliance repair team. Some of the most common brands that we repair include the following:
Diagnosing Your Freezer’s Issue
From the outside, a freezer may seem like a simple appliance. In reality, it takes a delicate balance of internal components to keep your freezer at the right temperature. There are many things that can go wrong with a freezer, but don’t worry. Mr. Appliance of Spencer can fix any freezer problem. When you have an emergency, freezer repairs are no DIY job. Whether you’re wondering, “Why is my freezer getting warm” or “Can a punctured freezer be repaired,” our team can answer your questions and fix your freezer. Some of the most common problems with freezers include the following:
- Freezer Won’t Turn On – If your freezer isn’t getting power, you should make sure it’s plugged into an outlet and check for tripped breakers. If neither solves your problem, you need a professional to find the source of the problem.
- Freezer Doesn’t Stay Cool – Often, a freezer that isn’t as cool as it should be is due to a faulty seal in the door. However, it could be a more severe problem with the thermostat or condenser fan.
- Freezer Gets Too Cold – If your freezer gets too cold, excessive frost will begin to accumulate. There are many things that can cause this, from a broken thermostat to a faulty freezer control.
- Inconsistent Freezer Temperature – When your freezer temperature is all over the map, there could be several problems, from dust buildup to a problematic thermal sensor.
- Noisy freezer – A freezer that makes a lot of noise or makes a clunking sound might have an issue with its compressor or motor.
You Can Count on Our Replacement Parts
Fridge and freezer repairs often involve a damaged component that needs to be replaced. Mr. Appliance of Spencer’s freezer technicians can replace nearly any part of your freezer, from the seal to the motor. When we replace a part in your freezer, we use the best parts available. All our parts and workmanship are guaranteed. So you never have to worry about your replacement parts wearing out early. Some of the common parts that we replace on freezers include the following:
- Door seals
- Door switches
- Evaporator coils
- Evaporator fans
- Seals and gaskets
- Overload protectors
- Defrost control timers
- Defrost timers and heaters
Schedule a Freezer Repair Appointment Today!
When you need to fix a problem with your freezer, it’s essential to work with a team of experienced, qualified, and friendly technicians. Mr. Appliance of Spencer has helped countless homeowners in Spencer, Milford, and Lake Park with freezer repairs. We will always help you diagnose the source of your problem and offer you reasonably priced solutions. Schedule your freezer repair appointment now!