If your garbage disposal is clogged, leaking, or simply not working, call the experts at Mr. Appliance of Rancho Cucamonga! We serve the areas of Claremont, Upland, Glendora, Pomona, and Rancho Cucamonga with all of their appliance repair needs. Upon arrival, we will troubleshoot to find the source of the problem and work to get your appliance back into great shape. After an appointment with us, you’ll find yourself able to return to a kitchen that works just the way it should. Maintain an efficient kitchen with garbage disposal repair from our team of professionals.
Schedule an appointment with us today! Our service professionals are eager to serve you.
We repair two main types of disposals:
- Continuous Feed: These models operate when you flip a wall or accessory switch. A rubber shield or baffle contains food within the unit and helps the system run more quietly than other units.
- Batch Feed: These only activate when the unit's lid is engaged, and the disposal is covered. They take a bit longer to set up but are great for homes with children or for those who prefer extra safety.
Common Garbage Disposal Issues We Repair
If you’ve noticed any of the following issues, it may be time to call the service professionals at Mr. Appliance of Rancho Cucamonga. We’ll work tirelessly to find a solution and get your systems back into great shape. Let us know if you need help with any of the following:
- There appears to be no power - Check your fuse box or circuit breakers for power issues. Otherwise locate the small, red reset button on the bottom of your system. If it pops out, the system has overheated. Clear the jam and try resetting it. If you have power and there is no sound, the motor is probably worn out.
- The unit is jammed - High fiber foods, cornhusks, avocado leaves, bones, utensils, and more can jam the drain of a garbage disposal. Never reach your hand in the drain to clear this jam. If there’s a hole for a socket wrench under the motor, use the wrench to rotate the masher plate and attempt to clear the jam. If you want professional help, we are always here to answer your call!
- The disposal drain is clogged - Address clogs by turning off the power at the main disconnect, disassembling the trap, and clearing the clog with a drain snake. After reassembly, turn the water on to check if the clog has cleared. Need help? Call our technicians.
- Your system is making excessive noise - Bones and other foreign objects can cause excessive noise and jams to occur. Noise may also result from loose mounting screws, broken flyweights, and worn lugs and blades. Address this issue promptly, as loose screws can cause water to leak into the motor and bearings.
- There is a leak in one place or more - Leaks usually indicate a loose sink flange or a rubber gasket in need of replacement. However, if the leak is coming from the body of the disposal, the unit will have to be replaced. The sooner you call our team, the better we can prevent major damage.
Brands We Commonly Service
- InSinkErator (such as Badger 5)
We can replace any part on your garbage disposal:
- Lids and baffles
- Gaskets and seals
Mr. Appliance of Rancho Cucamonga is here to get your appliances back into tip-top shape! Our upfront pricing and excellent repair service help us stand out from the crowd. When you hire us for a job, you’ll know exactly what you’re signing up for, and we’ll always make sure to address your options. Call today and get in contact with one of our service professionals who will take care of meeting your needs.
Call today and prepare to receive legendary repair service!