When the appliances we rely on to do our laundry stop working, we’re left with the inconvenience of dirty clothes piling up and the task of trying to find a reliable appliance repair technician to help solve the issue. At Mr. Appliance of Bozeman, our highly experienced repair technicians provide professional washing machine repair services for homeowners in Bozeman, Belgrade, and Big Sky, MT. Many things can go wrong with your residential washing machine, but our experts can get your washing machine back up and running in no time.
It’s important to call a professional repair company at the first sign something is wrong with your washing machine. Being proactive with repairs can prevent further damage to your washing machine or water damage to your property. Reach out to us today to learn more and schedule your washing machine repair service!
Repairing All Types & Brands of Washing Machines
Our washing machine repair technicians provide preventative washing machine maintenance and repair service on a wide variety of appliance types and brands for Montana homeowners. We perform repairs on a variety of washing machine types, including front-loading washing machines, top-loading washing machines, combination units, and compact washing machines. The washer brands we commonly service include:
Common Washing Machine Problems We Repair
Several components within your washing machine ensure it thoroughly washes, rinses, and drains your clothes before putting them into the dryer. When you experience a problem with your washing machine, we recommend calling the expert repair technicians at Mr. Appliance of Bozeman so they can diagnose the issue and repair it promptly before it becomes damaged further. Some of the common residential washing machine issues we fix include:
- Washing machine won’t turn on – If your washing machine doesn't turn on, this could be caused by a tripped, off-balance switch. You can try redistributing your clothes inside the washing machine to see if a more balanced load will allow the appliance to start up and run. If this doesn’t solve the problem, you might have an issue with the outlet’s timer circuitry.
- Washing machine won’t agitate – Many things can cause your washing machine to quit agitating, including worn drive belts, wigwag plungers/lifters, drive spindles, agitator assemblies, and transmission mode levers. This could also be due to faulty lid switches, internal timer contacts, or malfunctioning pressure switches.
- Washing machine won’t spin – A washing machine that won’t spin properly or stops spinning in the middle of the spin cycle can cause your clothes to be soaking wet when the cycle ends. This could be caused by a defective lid switch or plunger, burned-out spin solenoids, bad timer contacts, damaged wiring, or broken or worn-out drive belts.
- Washing machine has excessive vibration – If your washing machine is vibrating excessively, it might not be leveled correctly, or you might have placed it on a weak spot on the floor. Other causes of this issue include worn snubber pads or damper pads.
- Washing machine has no cold water – If you can’t get cold water in your washing machine, your cold-water valve might be shut off, or sediment may have built up in the valve, blocking cold water from coming through.
- Washing machine leaks – If your washing machine is leaking, it’s important to call a professional, licensed repair technician immediately. Leaking washing machines can cause expensive water damage to your home. Leaks are often caused by excess soap, loose drain hose clogs or hoses, leaking tubs, pumps, or water injection hoses.
- Washing machine doesn’t drain properly – Faulty pumps can cause water to stay in your washing machine’s drum without properly draining. Other causes of this issue include clogged drain hoses and worn drive belts.
- Washing machine leaves soap on clothes – Do you feel soap residue on your clothes when you take them out of the washer? Soapy clothes can be caused by a defective timer contact or a cold water valve clogged with sediment.
- Washing machine leaves spots on clothes – If your clothes have spots that won’t come out with soap and water, your appliance could have a defunct transmission, causing transmission oil to leak into your washing machine.
We Have All the Parts Your Washing Machine Needs
Mr. Appliance of Bozeman can replace all the parts your washing machine might need to operate smoothly and efficiently. We also provide washing machine repair cost estimates. Our experts can replace any of the following parts on your washer:
- Lid plungers
- Lid switches
- Agitator assemblies
- Pressure switches
- Wigwag plunger/lifters
- Drive spindles
- Transmission mode levers
- Damper/snubber pads
Washing Machine Maintenance Tips for Homeowners
Your residential washing machine offers your family several benefits, from saving you money on laundromat costs to the convenience of doing your laundry on your own time. To help avoid breakdowns and ensure your appliance lasts as long as possible, it’s important to take care of your washing machine and perform regular maintenance. Follow Mr. Appliance of Bozeman’s expert tips for washing machine maintenance:
- Check the water hoses regularly for bulging, cracking, fraying, and leaking around the ends. Replace the water hoses if you find a problem or every few years as part of a preventative maintenance plan.
- Move the machine from the wall to prevent the hoses from kinking.
- Keep the machine level to prevent damage to the floor and appliances.
- Clean the lint filter to help your washer run efficiently.
- Wash the washing machine by running a store-bought washing machine cleaner or a solution of hot water, vinegar, and baking soda through an empty load.
- You can prevent musty odors and mildew by leaving the washer lid or door open between loads to dry out the unit and keep it smelling fresh.
- Ready your appliance instruction manual to ensure you use the correct type and amount of detergent for your machine.
- Don't overload the machine, and make sure you use the appropriate amount of water for the load size.
- Add a drip pan underneath your washing machine to prevent damaging the floors below it.
Contact Mr. Appliance of Bozeman Today
When you need quick, reliable, and cost-effective washing machine repair service, you can count on the team at Mr. Appliance of Bozeman. Our highly skilled repair technicians will quickly restore your washing machine so you can return to your household routine in Bozeman, Belgrade, Big Sky, MT and the surrounding areas. Our courteous, uniformed professionals offer service on your schedule, and we back up our parts and high-quality workmanship with warranties. Contact us today to schedule your washing machine repair service!