Whether you love it or hate it, laundry is a chore that you can't avoid—but the right appliances can help to make the process much less daunting while saving you valuable time and energy. When it comes time to replace your laundry equipment, a smart washer dryer combo is a great option that gives you the flexibility and freedom to control your equipment from wherever life takes you using any wi-fi enabled device. If you're wondering if smart laundry is right for your home, read on to learn about the technology behind these appliances and how they can make your life easier, courtesy of the experts at Mr. Appliance®.
What is a Smart Washer and Smart Dryer?
A smart washer and dryer perform the same basic tasks as standard laundry equipment, with a wide array of additional features that place them a cut above, including connectivity. Smart appliances connect to your smart home network and allow you to monitor their usage, make the most of these innovative features, and streamline the laundry process from start to finish. Our Neighborly™ company partner, Mr. Electric® has a number of great tips on how to make any home a smart home.
What Can Your Smart Washer and Dryer Do?
Like any smart appliance, the exact capabilities of a smart washer or dryer will vary depending on the model and manufacturer, but each one may be accessed from your smartphone or tablet and can help to reduce energy usage in your home with features that may include:
- Schedule the wash cycle to begin when it's convenient for you, or start the cycle remotely using your wi-fi enabled device.
- Receive realtime notifications when the wash cycle is complete.
- Monitor the progress of the load.
- Monitor energy consumption and automatically run wash cycles during off-peak hours.
- Customize laundry cycles according to fabric type or load size.
- Receive alerts when maintenance or repairs are needed.
- Remote stop and start of the drying cycle using your smartphone or tablet.
- Moisture sensors monitor the length and temperature of the drying cycle to avoid damage or excessive wear.
- Receive realtime notifications when drying is complete.
- A low tumble drying cycle keeps clothes moving to prevent wrinkling until you arrive home.
- Monitor energy consumption to run drying cycles during off-peak hours.
Benefits of Smart Laundry
Laundry was once a time-consuming chore that required homeowners to devote hours out of their days, evenings, or weekends to complete. Regardless of where your laundry room is located, you can enjoy the benefits of smart laundry, including:
- Diagnostic capabilities – Remote diagnostics can save you time and money, eliminating the need for multiple visits for appliance diagnosis and repair.
- Customized cycles – Download laundry cycles and customize them to suit your exact needs. Some smart washers and dryers automatically adjust to the shape and fabric of clothing and adapt the dryer setting in accordance with the wash cycle.
- Status updates – Receive notifications when your laundry is done and extend the cycle if needed to prevent mildew or wrinkles.
- Time savings – Remote access to your appliances gives you the freedom to work, rest, or play without being tied to your laundry room.
New homeowners can benefit from evaluating the appliances that are included in the purchase of their home, and upgrading to new, smart appliances as needed. While the future of home appliances is uncertain, innovative advances in technology continue to make chores like laundry easier and more efficient. Call Mr. Appliance today at (888) 998-2011 or contact us online to schedule an appointment for fast, reliable appliance repair and maintenance services.