One of the most convenient appliances in your kitchen is your dishwasher. It helps speed along the process of washing and sanitizing your dishes so you can relax or focus on other things. When your dishwasher stops working as it should, the chore of washing dishes by hand becomes an inconvenience, and the dishes in the sink begin to pile up. At Mr. Appliance of Greenville, NC, we understand how frustrating it is when your dishwasher stops working. Whether it’s leaking water or not cleaning your dishes completely, we’re here to help.
Our professionals have years of experience providing quick and reliable dishwasher repair services for homeowners throughout Greenville, NC, and the surrounding areas, including Rocky Mount and Nashville. No matter what issue you’re experiencing with your dishwasher, our residential dishwasher repair service experts have solutions. We also offer maintenance services to ensure your dishwasher effectively cleans your dishes for as long as possible. Reach out to our team today to learn more about our professional appliance dishwasher repair service and schedule an appointment!
Solving Common Dishwasher Problems
You have a dishwasher because you want it to take care of all the washing and drying of your family’s dishes quickly and thoroughly. However, residential dishwashers have several complex parts and components that allow them to do their job. When a part of your appliance malfunctions, you can experience several issues, such as leaking, cloudy dishes, or cycles that run too long. Some of the most common residential dishwasher problems the team of experts at Mr. Appliance of Greenville, NC resolves include:
- Dishes Aren’t Clean – If your dishes aren’t thoroughly clean once the cycle is complete, you might have blocked spray armholes, a defective heating element, or a worn-out wash impeller or pump assembly.
- Dishes Are Cloudy – Do your dishes look cloudy or have spots when you take them out of the dishwasher? Cleaning and rinsing your dishes before loading them helps, but if this continues to be an issue, you may consider scheduling a professional water softener installation.
- Wash Cycles Run Longer Than They Should – Some causes of a residential dishwasher that runs too long include a defective thermostat or malfunctioning timer.
- Dishwasher hums and turns off – Humming sounds coming from the dishwasher that you aren’t used to hearing often mean the motor has seized and should be replaced by a professional.
- Water Doesn’t Pump Out – If your dishwasher isn’t draining water as it should once the cycle ends, you could be dealing with a clogged drain line, a defective drain impeller, or a worn-out drain solenoid.
- Dishwasher Isn’t Filling with Water – If your dishwasher attempts to start but doesn’t fill with water, you might have a defective overflow float switch, malfunctioning valve, or defective water inlet solenoid.
- Dishwasher Leaks – Many homeowners deal with leaking dishwashers, and one of the most common causes is using too much soap or the wrong kind of soap. If you’re using the right type and amount of soap according to the manufacturer’s instructions, you might be dealing with a broken spray arm assembly, worn door gaskets, a leaking pump, or defective tub-to-motor gaskets.
Proudly Servicing All Dishwasher Brands
The repair experts at Mr. Appliance of Greenville, NC are proud to service all major brands of dishwashers for homeowners throughout Greenville, Rocky Mount, and Nashville, NC. Our residential dishwasher repair services are available for the following brands of residential dishwashers:
All the Parts Your Dishwasher Needs
Our professional dishwasher repair service includes replacing any parts or components that are worn or defective. Our repair experts can replace any part of your residential dishwasher, including:
- Wash and drain impellers
- Heating Elements
- Float switches
- Pump assemblies
Dishwasher Maintenance Tips
Performing simple preventative maintenance tasks is the best way to ensure your residential dishwasher lasts for many years to come. Simple maintenance tasks you can do at home include:
- Clean your dishwasher with white vinegar every three to four months to prevent hard water buildup. You can do this by pouring one cup of vinegar into your empty dishwasher and running a normal wash cycle.
- Clean the filters regularly and replace them if they’re damaged.
- Completely clear the leftover food from your dishes before placing them in the dishwasher.
- Don’t overload the dishwasher.
- Wipe any food residue off the door seal with a cloth and white vinegar.
Contact Your Local Mr. Appliance of Greenville, NC Today
When you need your residential dishwasher back up and running again quickly, Mr. Appliance of Greenville, NC is here to help. Our team of repair experts has years of experience providing effective residential and commercial appliance repair solutions for home and business owners throughout Greenville, NC, and the surrounding areas, including Rocky Mount and Nashville.
All our workmanship and parts have warranties, and we stand behind the Neighborly Done Right Promise®. We’re happy to answer any questions you have, whether you’re curious about the dishwasher parts we have in stock or want an estimate for the cost of dishwasher repair services. Contact us today to schedule your residential dishwasher repair service!