If the kitchen is your ‘happy place,’ chances are you’re happiest when it’s clean. If you have a minimalist glass top range, you’re in luck! Instead of maneuvering around burner grates or replacing drip pans, you can get it clean with the swipe of a cloth.
However, is it really that simple? You may have noticed your glass top range needs (and deserves!) a little more care than that. Continue reading for step-by-step instructions to properly care for your glass stovetop.
If you’ve spent any amount of time cooking on your glass top range, you’ve likely noticed the smallest of spills can leave you with nasty stains and burned-on food.
Don’t reach for the scrub brush! Your stovetop is susceptible to unsightly scratches. In addition, the use of harsh chemicals risks the release of toxic fumes when any residue burns.
Suddenly, cleaning this surface becomes slightly more complicated. Follow our all-natural cleaning instructions below!
- White vinegar (in spray bottle)
- Baking soda
- Microfiber cloth
- A clean sink
- Razor blade with grip
- When the stovetop is completely cool, spray white vinegar evenly on the surface.
- Sprinkle baking soda on top of the white vinegar. This combination will loosen gunk and grime.
- Fill your sink with hot water and place your clean towel inside.
- Wring out the towel and lay it flat on your stove top. Leave for approximately 15 minutes.
- Use the towel to scrub the solution off your stove top. Rinse and wring the towel frequently.
- While the stove top is still damp, use razor blade to carefully remove any burned-on food.
- Spray one last layer of white vinegar and wipe clean with a microfiber cloth.
Voila! Enjoy your like-new glass top range and keep it clean for years to come with this all-natural solution.
For professional help with any appliance in your home, schedule service with an expert Mr. Appliance technician!