You’ve just finished a satisfying meal with your family, dreading the stack of pots, pans, and plates that have accumulated around your sink. Then you remember you have a dishwasher, and the frustration rising from the pit of your stomach magically disappears. But after you load up the machine and press start, nothing happens. You’re left to unload and wash the dishes by hand while you wonder why more reliable appliances haven’t been invented. This specific scenario happens very often, but it’s missing one key detail: The part when you need expert Austin dishwasher repair services.
It’s the detail that takes very minimal effort on your part and gets your problem solved quickly. Mr. Appliance of Austin is the local dishwasher repair company you can trust to tackle a range of major appliance repairs to keep your kitchen and laundry room running efficiently. With fast appliance service, we’ll get you back to your regular routines in no time—whether you need oven repair, fridge repair, microwave repair, or all the above!
Choosing our Austin appliance repair specialist, who is well-versed in all types of household appliances and a wide range of major brands, means that no matter what kind of issues you’re facing, we’ll be able to resolve them. From faulty spray arms to broken control panels, we’ll have your dishwasher fixed, and what’s more, we’ll do it with a smile. Call us today for convenient service.
About Our Austin Dishwasher Repair Services
Considering how many different parts there are in a dishwasher, you can imagine there can be many different things that go wrong with them. So how do you know the reason your dishes aren’t clean isn’t the spray arm instead of a clog? An expert eye. The knowledgeable team at Mr. Appliance of Austin has years of experience diagnosing and resolving every last issue a dishwasher can have. We know exactly what to test for so that we can fix it quickly and let you return to your regular routine. Some of the most common issues we'll address during your quality appliance repair service have to do with the following parts:
- Pump and Motor - The pump and motor are what make your dishwasher work. They pump water into the unit and help all the working parts efficiently wash your dishes. Circulating water through the appliance, they see a lot of wear and tear and can burn out and need replacement.
- Drain Pump and Hose - Proper draining is essential to clean dishes and a sanitary dishwasher. The drain pump and hose remove the wastewater from your unit and often become clogged. Cleaning is usually all that’s needed to resolve the issue, but we may have to replace the hose if it has become damaged.
- Float Assembly Switch - Ensuring the water level inside your dishwasher stays at the right level. When this switch is malfunctioning, your machine will either overfill or under-fill or may not start at all.
- Heating Element - Hot water is an important part of washing dishes. The heat in your appliance also helps your clean dishes dry quickly. If your heating element is burned out, it will need to be replaced.
- Spray Arms - The spray arms inside a dishwasher move and often become clogged and encounter spinning issues. To fix them, we’ll flush them through with clean water and realign their position so they can move freely.
- Latch and Switches - The latch is a very small piece of a dishwasher, but it’s one of the most important. If it does not properly close your dishwasher door, the unit won’t start. If it doesn’t open, you’ll never get your clean dishes out.
- Water Inlet Valve and Filter - If the water inlet valve is clogged or broken, your dishwasher will not receive the right amount of water pressure. The filter needs to be cleaned or replaced regularly.
- Control Panel - A control panel that’s not working spells out big trouble for your appliance. Usually, if this part bites the dust, you’re better off replacing your entire unit, depending on how old it is. Fried control panels typically occur in older machines.
These are just a few of the many parts inside your dishwasher. Others include the thermostat, gaskets, impellers, tubing, and hardware. It’s possible that all of them will need to be repaired to help extend the life of your appliance, and that’s precisely why we carry a wide range of parts to replace them during your service. In case we do not have the specific part you need, we can order it quickly from the manufacturer to repair your machine as soon as possible.
Why Is Mr. Appliance The Top Choice For Dishwasher Repair in Austin, TX?
When you need an Austin dishwasher repair, what are your options? You could try to tackle the job blindly yourself. You could take a chance on an inexperienced repairman for the sake of saving a few bucks. Or, you could put your faith in the hands of a professional service provider with an excellent reputation. Austin homeowners will be pleased to know that when they hire us, they get excellent service and affordable service too. With our flat-rate, upfront pricing, you’ll never pay more than you expect. We aim for complete customer satisfaction in all that we do. Our convenient times work with your schedule while our experienced service technicians know their way around every appliance in your home.
From ice makers to trash compactors, we know how to correctly identify issues and resolve them on the spot. Utilizing only quality parts and delivering high-quality workmanship in all that we do, one call to our valued team will make all of your appliance problems disappear. Ready to schedule your dishwasher repair in Austin? Get in touch with our awesome team today to book service for washing machine repair, range repair, or ice machine repair, or let us help you get your electric oven back up and running.
FAQs About Austin Dishwasher Repair
So many questions can come to mind when an Austin dishwasher repair is needed. If you have a few of your own, check out our answers to some of the questions most frequently asked by customers. Alternatively, you can call to speak with a customer service representative!
How Often Should I Get My Dishwasher Serviced?
You should get your dishwasher serviced annually. Regular maintenance is important to keep your unit running efficiently. You may even be surprised to learn that regular maintenance will save you money on your utility bills by helping the unit use less water and energy. It may even clean your dishes better. For your convenience, we can pencil you in for annual servicing and remind you of your appointment time each year. This way, you’ll never have to call to arrange an appointment for appliance servicing.
Is it Worth Getting Your Dishwasher Repaired?
The alternative to getting your dishwasher repaired is to replace it. Replacements are only necessary if the repairs of your machine cost 50% or more of what a new unit costs. In newer machines, the likelihood that you will need to replace your machine rather than repair it is rare; however, it’s not totally out of the question.
The additional good news about newer dishwashers is that many of the issues they face are covered by a warranty. Depending on which brand you bought, you may have a 1, 2, or 5-year warranty on the parts. Read the manual that came with your machine or look your model up online to find out. In the case that you are not covered, you can trust Mr. Appliance to recommend the most suitable course of action for your needs and budget.
Can I Repair My Own Dishwasher?
Dishwasher repair isn’t an activity that’s often recommended for Austin homeowners to take on themselves, but it isn’t out of the realm of what’s possible. This, of course, depends on the type of repair that’s required, and your skill set when it comes to water lines. Plumbing can get complicated, and we never recommend that anyone other than those highly trained in electrical work tackle appliance repair.
DIY repairs don’t always last, but if the task is as simple as a jammed float that’s preventing your unit from draining, you may be able to easily resolve the issue by raising it by hand a few times to unstick it. That said, choosing a professional Austin appliance repair technician can give you peace of mind by making sure that all the issues your unit is facing are addressed.
What Are the Signs I Need an Austin Dishwasher Repair?
Often when your dishwasher needs professional repair, you know it. It will either not start, never enter the rinse cycle or will make some odd whirring noise that sounds like it’s about to take flight. These are more obvious signs that you should seek an Austin dishwasher repair specialist, but there are also some less apparent hints that homeowners might not be aware of. The next time you use your dishwasher, remember to look out for signs such as:
- Cloudy glassware: If your wine glasses come out with countless spots and smudges, your machine may not be rinsing them properly.
- Dirty dishes: There’s a chance that dirty dishes mean one of two things. The issue could either be that your machine is not spraying water, or it may be that the detergent latch isn’t popping open.
- Overextended wash cycle: Even too much washing can be a bad thing. Instead of under washing, your machine might overwash your dishes. This uses more energy and water than needed, which can increase your utility bills.
- Drainage issues: A dishwasher that doesn’t drain properly may mean that the unit will not open or that when it does, you have water spilling out onto your floor. This is not sanitary, nor is it great for the condition of your home.
- Leaks: During the wash cycle, your machine may leak out onto your kitchen floor. This can cause water damage to a wood floor or pose a danger for your family when walking through the kitchen.
- Odd smells: A dishwasher uses water and electricity. Unusual smells could be the result of electrical wiring issues, but they could also hint at a problem with your water line.
- Unusual noises: A dishwasher isn’t super quiet, but it shouldn’t be unusually loud. If you hear clunking, whirring, buzzing, or humming that’s out of the ordinary, stop the machine if possible.
- Error codes: Modern dishwashers show error codes on their digital displays. Not sure what they mean? Something is wrong, and our experts are the right ones to call to help decipher these strange messages.
What Major Brands Of Dishwashers Do You Service?
While it’s common for Austin homeowners to buy premium appliances, we know that major appliance brands aren’t the only ones found in their homes—nor are they the only ones that should be repaired and not replaced. Smaller brands of appliances can be equally reliable, and no matter which name or type of appliance you have in your home, you can rest assured that Mr. Appliance of Austin can repair them. Here are a few of the most common dishwasher brands we service for local residents:
Don’t see the name of your dishwasher on the list? Don’t worry; we can still fix it. The first step in the process is calling our knowledgeable customer service team. They will help you book your appointment and can answer any questions you still have.
Call Mr. Appliance For Your Austin Dishwasher Repair and Say Adios To Piles Of Dirty Dishes!
When you rely on your dishwasher, you know that when it's on the fritz, your entire week can go haywire. It’s not that doing dishes by hand is the end of the world, but it’s a very time-consuming activity. In today’s world, many of us want that precious time to spend with loved ones or to do things we actually enjoy. Thankfully, when your dishwasher acts up, you don’t have to wait around for repairmen that never show up or inexperienced technicians that don’t provide long-lasting solutions. Well, you won’t when you call Mr. Appliance of Austin—we can’t speak for the other guys.
Our appliance repair company is dedicated to prompt, customer-focused service that always puts the convenience of Austin locals first. We pride ourselves on our ability to quickly resolve a wide variety of appliance problems to help you get back to your regular routines.
We serve all of Austin, Texas, including Lakeway, Del Valle, Manor, and Round Rock. Call us today to learn more about wine cooler repair, dryer repair, oven repair, or refrigerator repair, or to book your convenient Austin dishwasher repair.