Keep your energy bills low and ensure that laundry-days run smoothly by scheduling service for your dryer if it isn't operating efficiently. The professional team at Mr. Appliance of Austin can inspect your appliance to determine what might be causing the breakdown – whether it’s poor air circulation or wear on certain components due to frequent use – we will identify the source of the problem and necessary repair.
Don't let minor problems become major inconveniences; get help from our experienced Austindryer repair professionals!
Contact Us To Schedule An Appointment!
How Does a Dryer Work?
A dryer works by circulating warm air through the drum of the appliance, also known as the tumbler. The rotation of the tumbler within the dryer circulates this warm air to draw out moisture. The humidified air is then expelled outside your Austin home by way of a venting system. This process helps dry garments quickly.
Types of Dryers
- Electric – Electric dryers are often less expensive than their gas counterparts. They are also easier to install and minimal exhaust requirements are needed.
- Gas – While the initial cost of a gas or propane dryer might be higher than an electric dryer, they are more cost-effective leading to longer term savings. However, it is important to keep in mind that specialized venting is essential for this energy efficient option.
Regardless of whether you have a gas or electric system, our dryer repair pros in Austin are equipped to handle whatever service the appliance may require to get it back up and running. Whether you need dryer repair or routine maintenance, our team have the specialized knowledge required to ensure each job gets done quickly and correctly.
What Causes a Dryer to Stop Working?
Dryers are essential appliances in many homes, and when they break down, there can be a wide range of causes. Generally speaking, dryer breakdowns occur due to improper installation or maintenance procedures. Issues can also arise with dryer vents when they become clogged. Additionally, dryer motors often wear down over time, while belts and fuses can become loose or burned out during their lifecycle, all of which will then cause problems. Thankfully, addressing dryer malfunctions is something our trained and experienced Austindryer repair technicians can handle.
Common Dryer Problems
- Dryer Not Heating - This can be caused by a number of different issues, such as a damaged heating element or coil, a blown fuse, a malfunctioning temperature switch, or a faulty thermostat.
- Dryer Takes Too Long to Dry - This could be the result of a clogged vent, incorrect settings, or overloaded capacity.
- Dryer Not Tumbling - If your dryer is not tumbling, it could be due to a number of different issues, such as a broken belt, a damaged motor, worn drum rollers or bearings, or a damaged idler pulley.
- Dryer Making Loud Noise - If your dryer is making a loud noise, it could be caused by a loose drum, as well as an issue with the motor, blower wheel, or drive belt. It could also be the result of damaged drum rollers, axles, or bearings.
- Dryer Becomes Overheated - Defective thermostats, blocked vents and damaged heating coils could all be potential causes of a temperature rise in your machine. As excess heat can create a hazardous environment, it’s imperative you don’t wait to address such an issue.
With so many potential causes behind these various problems, it’s best to consult with our team of Austin dryer repair experts who are trained in diagnosing such problems.
The Important of Dryer Maintenance
Keep your energy costs low and stay safe with regular professional maintenance from our Austin dryer maintenance pros at Mr. Appliance! Our experienced technicians can help you avoid inconvenient breakdowns by providing expert gas or electric dryer services to keep your appliances running smoothly.
Call us or contact us online today to schedule an appointment for dryer repair in Austin, TX!