It’s said that the average home in America uses the dishwasher a minimum of five times a week. With so much constant use, there’s no wonder why dishwashers face their share of problems – even just a year after purchase.
Here are the top five most common issues with dishwashers:
- Dishes Come Out Wet - While adding too many dirty dishes to the mix may cause inefficient drying, there’s a chance that your damp dishes are caused by mechanical failure. Whether it’s the heating element, rinse aid, or pump that’s causing you to have to hand dry your dishes, seek out inspection and repair to get things to dry properly.
- Dishes Come Out Dirty - If you’ve noticed that your dishes are coming out cloudy, covered in food debris, or covered in a residue, ensure you’re loading your dishwasher properly first and foremost. If problems persist, it may be time to call the pros to get to the bottom of it.
- Dishwasher is Running for Too Long - Noticing inconsistent cycle times or washing cycles that just run far too long may mean that your dishwasher is having difficulty completing the cycle, often because there’s the water being used isn’t hot enough. A malfunctioning thermostat is likely the cause and should be replaced to save time and money.
- Dishwasher is Leaking - Not only does a leaking dishwasher subject your kitchen to water damage, but it also means that your dishwasher won’t be able to clean properly.Usually, dishwasher leaks are blamed on worn door seals, improper installation, damaged inlet valves, and even improper alignment. A professional inspection is needed to diagnose and repair.
- Dishwasher Smells Bad - While completing a wash cycle after pouring vinegar and baking soda directly into the dishwasher’s base can provide temporary relief from any smells trapped in the unit, professional maintenance should be done to ensure that the drain, filter, and more are cleaned properly.
Comprehensive Dishwasher Repair Services Near Me
Dishwashers provide unprecedented levels of convenience and ease in your home – especially if you hate cleaning dishes by hand. This is until something goes wrong. Whether you’re dealing with a flooded dishwasher, a broken rack, or something else, the team at Mr. Appliance of Aberdeen, MD can help.
Our team has decades of local and national experience that sets us apart from the competition and allows us to identify issues and recommend solutions quickly. Our knowledge can potentially save you from having to replace your dishwasher unit, saving you both time and money. From routine maintenance to part replacements, we’re here to fix up your poorly running dishwasher in no time!