It's not at all uncommon for people to take their refrigerator for granted—after all, how long have you spent really pondering all the benefits it brings to your household? We tend to just assume it'll always be there, working perfectly day in and day out to cool our perishable food and keep it from spoiling. Because we give it so little thought on a day-to-day basis, it can come as quite an unpleasant surprise when problems crop up and it's necessary to get refrigerator repair. Oklahoma City appliance repair experts on our team can ease the pain of a malfunctioning refrigerator with experienced repair strategies.
At Mr. Appliance of Oklahoma City, we are proud to be the trusted solution for highly-trained refrigerator repair. OKC appliance repair technicians on our reliable team will arrive with the skills and equipment necessary to restore your malfunctioning freezer or fridge.
Reach out to us today to have your broken home appliance repaired. Let our efficient service restore your peace of mind so you can get back to your daily routine without interruptions!
We Deliver the Refrigerator Repair Oklahoma City Residents Deserve
Some homeowners are surprised to learn that refrigerators function in more or less the same way as air conditioners by cycling refrigerant through the evaporator and condenser coils to turn it from a liquid to a gaseous state and back again. The only difference is that it removes thermal energy from just your fridge rather than your whole house. That's why it makes perfect sense that your refrigerator is susceptible to many of the same issues that can affect your air conditioner, but just (usually) on a smaller scale.
We recommend hiring a professional to diagnose the problem and then promptly and skillfully handle refrigerator repair. Oklahoma City technicians at Mr. Appliance of Oklahoma City will help you avoid the costly consequences of wasting precious time and effort trying to find a DIY solution to complex problems.
Our top priority is to restore your fridge’s functionality promptly and correctly with long-lasting, durable results. We never take shortcuts or compromise our top-quality workmanship to speed up refrigerator repair. Oklahoma City homeowners who are aware of the signs that their fridge needs professional attention can get the necessary help before the issue spirals into a much bigger problem.
What to Expect From Our Refrigerator Repair Experts
When calling our team for refrigerator repair, Oklahoma City residents can expect us to show up on time, in uniform and driving a branded vehicle, with all the tools and supplies we need to get the job done right. We'll begin by taking the time to thoroughly examine your damaged or broken appliance so we can come up with the correct diagnosis and the best solution for refrigerator repair. Then, we'll clearly explain our findings to you and address any questions or concerns you may have before offering an honest, upfront cost for the necessary repairs. With your approval, we'll get down to the business of refrigerator repair. Oklahoma City appliance experts will naturally use a variety of approaches depending on the nature of the problem, but you can rely on us to get your fridge back in perfect working order. Once the repair is complete, we'll test to ensure it's all working as intended and tidy up after ourselves before we leave so all you have to do is enjoy your efficiently functioning kitchen appliance.
Ready to get started with refrigerator repair? OKC homeowners and commercial business owners can call or contact us online to schedule today!
Choose Mr. Appliance for Refrigerator Repair in Oklahoma City!
Our dependable service technicians understand that a broken refrigerator can become a major hassle if left unfixed for too long. It can be mere hours before your perishable foods and beverages begin to rot and spoil. We are proud to be bolstered by a national franchise network with an elite reputation. We stand behind our services with our dependable customer service team, our company policies and our online reviews from happy customers.
We aim to repair every refrigerator on our first visit, whether you have a side-by-side fridge, a mini-fridge, a standalone fridge, or a built-in fridge. Our team is fully prepared to do everything in our power to accelerate the repair process.
We don't just offer refrigerator repair! OKC homeowners and business owners can trust us for a wide range of repair services, such as oven repair, range repair, freezer repair, dishwasher repair, ice machine repair, garbage disposal repair, dryer repair, and washing machine repair. Our expert appliance repair services have stood the test of time, as we've been delivering customer satisfaction for decades. When you book the team at Mr. Appliance of Oklahoma City, you can expect:
- Flat, fair rates without any hidden surcharges
- Our Neighborly Done Right Promise® provides a year guarantee on labor and parts
- A “leave no trace” policy
- Quality repair technicians in uniform
- Convenient scheduling options on our Service on Your Schedule® digital app
- And much more!
FAQ About Refrigerator Repair, Oklahoma City and Area
If you have questions about refrigerator repair, you can find the answers you're seeking by calling the knowledgeable office staff at Mr. Appliance of Oklahoma City. You can also check out our replies to a few frequently asked questions below.
How Do I Know I Need Refrigerator Repair?
Like any other complex machine, your refrigerator can't stay in perfect condition forever. That being said, it is possible to significantly increase its serviceable years and avoid frustrating, disruptive problems by calling our experienced service technicians for routine maintenance and the occasional refrigerator repair. OKC homeowners are not always totally sure when they have a problem that warrants a repair service call, and if they have some insight into the types of issues we commonly deal with, it's easier to identify the right time for refrigerator repair. Oklahoma City residents, here are some of the most common problems and what might be causing it:
- Funny Noises: A quiet humming noise and the occasional clicking or thumping sound are totally normal, especially from a unit with an ice maker, but if you start hearing unusual, loud or intrusive noises, that's a sign that you should call for refrigerator repair. OKC technicians often trace the problem back to a faulty compressor, but it could also potentially be caused by a dirty, clogged condenser fan.
- Food Spoiling Too Quickly: If your perishables seem to spoil almost as soon as you get them home, don't blame the grocery store first—it's quite possible this is a problem for refrigerator repair. Oklahoma City homeowners should start by checking the temperature setting, which should be at around 37 degrees Fahrenheit in the refrigerator and about zero degrees for the freezer. If you turn it down, and it doesn't seem to make a difference, it could be related to a broken thermostat, blocked air vents or an overstuffed fridge.
- Door Doesn't Seal: It's very important that the door to your refrigerator seals properly all the way around the opening because otherwise, it will let cold air leak out, and your food won't stay cold enough. If the seal strip looks visibly damaged or the door swings open without having to give it a gentle tug, that's a problem that is seriously compromising the refrigerator's performance. In this case, the best solution is to have your local appliance repair expert replace the seal strip entirely.
- Water Leaking From Unit: If there's a puddle of ice-cold water seeping out from under the unit, that's clearly a bad sign that needs to be fixed with a refrigerator repair. Oklahoma City service professionals will tell you that this problem most commonly occurs due to a clogged or iced-over defrost drain that needs cleaning or possibly replacement, but it could also be related to other issues like a damaged water line connection.
- Motor is Always Running: Your fridge motor is supposed to react to signals from its thermostat that tell it when to turn on or off to keep the unit at the correct temperature. But if the motor never seems to turn off, and you haven't opened the door recently, or it turns off, and on in a rapid cycle, it's time for refrigerator repair. Oklahoma City residents need to know that operating constantly or rapid cycling is actually a serious issue because it will cause the motor to burn out long before it should and require a replacement if it's not corrected first.
- Freezer Ices Over Frequently: Freezers have to be defrosted occasionally to get rid of the normal buildup of frost, but defrosting should only be necessary once or twice a year. If it's iced over just a few months or weeks after the last defrost, that is a big warning sign that you need a refrigerator repair. OKC homeowners sometimes experience this problem because the freezer door isn't sealing properly, but it may potentially be caused by a temperature setting that is too low or because the machine is struggling with its defrost cycle.
- Back of Refrigerator is Hot: If you touch the back of your refrigerator, it will normally feel warm—but it shouldn't be hot to the touch. If it seems considerably warmer than it normally is, the issue is likely due to a faulty or deteriorated compressor. The compressor is a crucial component of a refrigerator that cycles refrigerant to enable the cooling cycle, so if the unit is radiating heat at the back, it's important to call for professional refrigerator repair before it breaks down completely.
- Ice Maker Doesn't Work: If your unit isn't producing any ice all of a sudden, you may be dealing with a stuck raking mechanism or inlet tube that has frozen over. Your local appliance repairman in Oklahoma City will be able to determine the problem and get the ice maker functioning properly again so you can enjoy the convenience of fresh ice automatically delivered as needed.
Which Brands Do You Service With Refrigerator Repair?
We have experience fixing countless brands, including GE, Samsung, LG, Frigidaire, KitchenAid, Whirlpool, and Maytag. When it comes to services such as refrigerator repair, Oklahoma City residents can trust our team to have the resources to get the job done right.
Which Parts Can Be Fixed By Refrigerator Repair Technicians?
Over the years, our service providers have fixed countless malfunctions with the right strategy for refrigerator repair. Oklahoma City service professionals will tell you that refrigerators, in particular, are complex machines that consist of many parts, including:
- Humidifiers, defrosters, and vegetable bins
- Ice makers and water filters/dispensers
- Condensers, evaporators and compressors
- Evaporator fan motors and condenser fan motors
- Thermostats and fans
- Valves and solenoids
- And much more!
These parts can become inoperable due to normal wear and tear. Unfortunately, when problems arise, your fridge and freezer unit can quickly under-cool, frost, overheat, repeatedly cycle, leak, or become noisy until it gets the necessary refrigerator repair. OKC technicians at Mr. Appliance will troubleshoot the issue, inspect the full scope of the problem, and find the necessary replacement parts.
Is Refrigerator Repair or Replacement the Better Choice?
This question is good to ask because you don't want to invest time and money in repair services that are not going to adequately solve the problem, but on the other hand, you don't want to waste money by throwing out your old fridge and getting a costly replacement if the problem can be addressed by a more cost-effective refrigerator repair. OKC service professionals at Mr. Appliance can get the issue fixed properly and safely with long-term results in most cases, so when it comes to refrigerator repair, Oklahoma City professionals will tell you it's generally a better option than replacement.
That being said, there is always the occasional exception. The situation where it's usually going to be better to choose a replacement is when you have a very old fridge that isn't going to make it much longer before a total breakdown. While we can repair an issue with an old fridge, it's likely a new problem will pop up before long, and you'll need repeated repairs to keep your refrigerator in barely functional condition. In that case, replacement will likely be more cost-effective in the long run. The general rule of thumb that we tend to recommend to customers is that repair is the better option as long as the cost of the repair work is less than half of the total cost of a replacement fridge.
What Are Some Maintenance Tips to Avoid Needing Refrigerator Repair?
When they want to prevent the need for services like refrigerator repair, OKC homeowners should take the time to complete some regular maintenance steps and checks so they can eliminate serious problems before they even begin. Here are a few key care and maintenance tips to keep your fridge running smoothly and efficiently:
- Refrigerator leaks often go undetected for a long time and can cause other issues like rotting flooring and subfloors because the water collects underneath the unit where it's not visible. That's why it's a good idea to check under your fridge a couple of times per year to make sure the floor is dry.
- Many people assume that it's fine to stuff a refrigerator full to the brim, but it can actually cause major performance issues and may prevent the fridge from getting down to the correct temperature to protect your food from spoilage. That's because all the items inside prevent air from circulating around the refrigerator properly. The optimal fill level is about 70 to 85 percent full—you don't want it too empty either because then it'll lose too much cold air every time you open the door.
- There are condenser coils on the bottom or back of your unit, which, as we mentioned above, are absolutely essential to the machine's function. Because they must be exposed on the outside of the unit, they are susceptible to becoming coated in dust and grime that can seriously affect the fridge's ability to remain energy efficient. Clean them off every six months or so to prevent performance loss.
- If your refrigerator has an ice maker or a water dispenser, make sure to change the water filter every six months. That ensures you always have potable water and fresh ice with no bacteria or funky tastes and smells, but it also helps prevent mineral buildup that can block water inlet tubes.
Time for Refrigerator Repair? Oklahoma City Can Trust the Pros at Mr. Appliance!
If you live in Oklahoma City or a nearby area, such as Edmond, Bethany, or The Village, and need qualified services for refrigerator repair, OKC appliance repair professionals at Mr. Appliance of Oklahoma City are ready to help.
Our exceptional customer service representatives are available to take your call. Get in touch with us today to schedule a refrigerator repair service appointment or find out more about what our skilled technicians can do for your kitchen and laundry appliances. From washer repair to cooktop repair, we have all your broken household appliances covered.