Struggling with your ice maker lately? Mr. Appliance is here to provide appliance repair and maintenance to get your freezer or standalone machine back in gear. Continue to keep your beverages cold with a machine that works the way it should! We deliver service to Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, and the surrounding areas. With us, troubleshooting and repair are made simple.
Types of Ice Machines We Repair
- Freezer-attached ice makers
- Portable ice machines
- Built-in or freestanding ice machines
Common Ice Maker Repair Issues
Throughout our years of experience, we’ve encountered all types of issues in ice machines, but most importantly, we’ve gained the knowledge to be able to solve them. If any of the following symptoms sound familiar, don’t hesitate to call us today, we’ll get you back in good hands!
- Your freezer is too warm.
- Temperatures must be between zero- and five-degrees Fahrenheit for proper function. If it’s too warm, not only will the ice cubes not form, but the rest of your food might start to go bad.
- There are issues with the freezer switch.
- This switch may be either defective or accidentally shut off in some cases. One of our professionals can accurately search for the root of the problem.
- The water inlet valve is defective.
- When this electromechanical valve malfunctions, the water supply is cut off. A service professional can troubleshoot to see the exact problem.
- Low incoming water pressure.
- Inadequate pressure, less than 20 psi, can restrict the water supply to your machine.
- Malfunction with the door switch.
- The door switch turns on the freezer light and shuts off the ice maker. If the switch fails, the dispenser won’t turn on.
- The ice level control board fails.
- The ice level control board turns off the machine to prevent overflow when levels of ice cubes reach a certain point. When it fails to do its job, overflow can take your freezer by force.
- The water filter is clogged.
- Clogged filters can easily prevent the flow to your ice maker, stopping production from occurring.
- The mold thermostat is defective.
- This device ejects ice cubes once they reach proper temperature, preventing advancement and refills when defective.
- The ice maker produces malformed ice cubes.
- Low water flowing from a clogged filter or supply line issues may cause the evaporator to freeze, creating undersized cubes or halting production.
- There is a leak in the machine.
- If cubes appear oversized, a leaky water inlet valve may be to blame.
- Poor ice cube production.
- If the environment your machine is in is too warm, production will decrease, as the ice maker takes longer to produce a batch of ice cubes.
- No ice cube production.
- The system may shut down if the temperature is too high due to other appliances, such as a dishwasher, pumping hot liquid into the cold-water line.
Brands We Commonly Service:
- And more!
Replacing Ice Maker Parts
If a key part of your machine stops working, we provide part replacement! We’re available to replace any of the following parts:
- Control modules
- Storage bins and baggers
- Filtration systems
Why Mr. Appliance?
When it comes to appliance repair and preventative maintenance, we’ve got you covered! Best of all, you can be assured as soon as we arrive, we’ll inspect the source of the issue and provide an upfront price of what you can expect cost-wise. We understand how stressful it can be to wait until after a service for a bill, which is why we like to be upfront about the price and procedure beforehand. When you depend on Mr. Appliance of Huntington Beach, prepare to be amazed by our reliable and speedy service. A job performed by us is a job well done.