If you’ve experienced appliance breakdowns in the past, you already know how frustrating and stressful it can be. But, when you call Mr. Appliance of Annapolis, our washing machine repair professionals work hard to help get your home back to normal as quickly as possible. We’ll inspect to diagnose the source of the problem, provide you with a flat-rate estimate, and get right to work. For your peace of mind, we’ll back our work with a one-year warranty.
Common Washer Problems We Can Help You With
Our friendly technicians always show up on time, in clearly marked vehicles and clean uniforms. We encourage you to call at the first sign of an issue to help stop it before things worsen. This way, your laundry doesn’t have to pile up while you wait for a replacement if your washer breaks down entirely.
Some of the more common issues we’ve seen include:
- Your washing machine won’t turn on.
- Your washing machine is not spinning.
- Your washing machine is not agitating.
- Your washing machine is vibrating excessively.
- Your washing machine leaks.
- Your washing machine is not draining water.
- Your washing machine has no cold water.
- Your washing machine cycles are leaving spots or soap on clothing.
If you notice any of these issues arise, turn to our expert technicians for fast-acting assistance. With many companies offering washer repair services, it can become overwhelming to determine which is best for you.
The Types of Washers & Brands We Can Repair
No matter the type of washing machine you own, our team is highly trained to handle services for:
- Top Loading
- Front Loading
We’re able to service many brands of washing machines, including:
Why Choose Mr. Appliance of Annapolis?
Customers rely on our team because:
- Our experts are qualified, bonded, and insured.
- Our workmanship and parts come with guarantees.
- We provide transparent pricing upfront.
- We’re friendly and respectful of you and your home.
- We offer contactless authorization and payment.
- We bring our own doormat and shoe covers to every job.
- We abide by the CDC’s regulations for COVID-19.
- We regularly run special offers to help keep you on budget.
- We charge by the job rather than by the hour.
- We don’t charge for overtime and never surprise you with hidden fees.
We’re your local resource for appliance services backed by a nationally recommended brand network. If you want to get the most out of a service call, we’re happy to provide dryer repairs and vent cleaning to help all your laundry room appliances make the most of their lifespans.
Frequently Asked Questions
My washer won’t start. What should I do?
Before picking up the phone to call a washer repairman, here are a couple of very quick troubleshooting tips.
First - check to make sure your washing machine is plugged in. Next - if it’s plugging in and still won’t start, check for a tripped breaker in the breaker box. If your washer is plugged in and the breaker is fine but it still won’t turn on, book your service call today.
Is it worth fixing a broken washing machine?
Yes - having your washing machine repaired can save you time and money. Washer repair is especially cost-effective if you have a high-end washer made by Speed Queen, Miele, or Bosch. These are pricey to repair.
When it comes to “repair or replace”, there’s a general rule to follow. It’s worth fixing your washer if the repair costs are less than half the cost of a replacement.
We know it’s tricky navigating these options. During your service call, we’ll be happy to help you weigh the options and give you the best advice.
Why did my washer stop working all of a sudden?
If your washer suddenly stopped working, there could be several potential reasons for this issue. At Mr. Appliance of Annapolis, our expert technicians can help diagnose and resolve the problem.
Some common causes of a sudden washer malfunction include:
- Power Supply Issues. Check if the washer is properly plugged in and if there's a functioning power outlet. Tripped circuit breakers or blown fuses can also disrupt power to the washer.
- Door/Lid Interlock Switch. If the washer's door or lid interlock switch is faulty, it may prevent the washer from starting or continuing the cycle.
- Faulty Motor or Motor Control Board. A malfunctioning motor or motor control board can result in a sudden stop in washer operation.
- Timer or Control Board Problems. Issues with the timer or control board can disrupt the washer's cycle and cause it to stop working abruptly.
- Water Supply or Drainage Problems. Check if there's a proper water supply and that the drain hose isn't clogged or kinked. These issues can impact the washer's operation.
To diagnose and repair the problem, it's best to schedule a service with our skilled washing machine repairman. Combined, our techs have over 40 years of washing machine repair experience. We can identify the underlying cause and provide a reliable solution to get your washer back up and running.