Why Is My Refrigerator Not Cooling?
If your refrigerator isn’t cooling, it does not mean it is broken. Our technicians will help determine the cause of your issue and advise you on steps to take before sending our professionals to you. The most common things you can check before contacting us include the following:
- Refrigerator Plug – It’s essential to determine the power is running to the refrigerator by checking that it is plugged into an outlet.
- Thermostat – Sometimes, the fridge’s thermostat gets changed to a higher temperature.
- Doors – Make sure to check the refrigerator doors to ensure the elastic strips are sealing properly.
- Air Circulation – If the vents are blocked by food or drinks, cold air will not properly circulate through the refrigerator.
Common Issues With Refrigerator Parts
Your refrigerator is a complex device with many working parts. We repair and replace many different refrigerator parts to ensure the fridge is working at optimal levels. The most common refrigerator parts and issues include:
- Compressor – Your refrigerator’s compressor works to compress and push the refrigerant vapor into your coils outside of the refrigerator. This pressure creates heat that eventually cools and absorbs heat from your freezer and refrigerator.
- Condenser coils – Condenser coils transfer the compressor’s hot gas to the evaporator coils. The refrigerant cools and turns back into a liquid as it travels through the coils at high pressure.
- Condenser fan – A condenser fan cools down the condenser coils and compressor. If it malfunctions, the temperature in your refrigerator can rise.
- Evaporator fan – The evaporator fan blows cool air into your refrigerator by pulling air across the evaporator coil and back through your refrigerator.
- Air damper – An air damper helps to control the air between your fridge and freezer.
We Repair Refrigerator Problems
We understand it can be challenging when your refrigerator doesn’t cool. Our experts have experience in all types of refrigerator cooling issues. You can reach out to our professionals, and we will quickly diagnose and repair the problem. Our team always provides upfront pricing and free quotes.
Do I Need a New Refrigerator?
If your refrigerator issue is beyond repair, we will offer refrigerator replacement services. Most standard refrigerators last between 10 and 18 years. A compact refrigerator has a shorter lifespan of about four to 12 years. The best time to think about a refrigerator replacement is when you are facing multiple refrigerator repairs in a short amount of time. If the cost of the repairs is more than a new refrigerator, it’s time to purchase a new model.
Schedule Refrigerator Service With Us
Mr. Appliance of Wichita is here for all your appliance needs in Wichita, Newton, Andover, Derby, Goddard and surrounding areas. We can repair any type of appliance issue and are always standing by to help. We back our work with a guarantee it will get done right the first time. Contact us today to get a free quote on refrigerator repair services.