While hanging your dresses and pants up on the clothesline is an effective way of getting your clothes dry, nothing beats the convenience of a dryer. These appliances save hours of your time, so you're sure to notice when there's an issue with your dryer. Even if you aren't having major problems with its function, you may be getting increases in energy bills and clothes that aren't quite dry. No matter the issue with your appliance, count on Mr. Appliance of White Marsh for help. We specialize in a range of services, including dryer repair. Learn more
Servicing Two Main Types of Dryers
What type of dryer do you have? It's not uncommon that homeowners don't know what kind of dryer keeps their laundry off the clothesline. But no worries—our washer and dryer repair experts will learn more about the type of appliance you have and work toward a proper fix. Here's a quick overview of the two main types:
- Electric—Electric dryers tend to be a cheaper option, thanks to the lower upfront price tag and installation costs. These appliances only require steam venting in the way of exhaust requirements.
- Gas—Many dryers operate using natural gas or propane. While these appliances may have a higher sticker price, they're typically less expensive in the long run. However, you will need specialized venting.
We Can Repair Any Part of Your System
If you're not an expert appliance repair technician, it may be difficult to pinpoint the problem with your dryer. Fortunately, our team has the skill and know-how to fix any part of your system. For example, we can handle issues with the dryer vent on both gas and electric dryers. Venting systems are responsible for pushing humid air outside the home, and when they stop working, you could notice significant problems with your dryer. Look to us, even for issues that seem minor!
Trusted for These Common Issues
Our team handles nearly any washer/dryer repair issue you could have. No problem is too small or large for our experienced technicians. If you're dealing with any of these inconvenient issues, give us a call:
- The dryer doesn't start—So, it seems your dryer won't turn on. After checking the outlet and circuit breaker without issue, it's time to call Mr. Appliance of White Marsh. You may have a damaged thermostat, start switch, or terminal block.
- Excess heat—Dryers have to produce heat to function. But sometimes, they get way too hot for comfort. Excess heat could be the result of clogged vents, malfunctioning heating coils, or a damaged thermostat.
- No heat—Lack of heat coming from your dryer will render the appliance useless. Our team will check out the fuses, temperature switch, thermostat, and heating coils to pinpoint the issue.
- The machine won't spin—If your dryer doesn't spin, there could be a problem with the motor. Talk to our experts about potential repair methods.
Experienced With the Most Popular Brands
Dryers come in all sizes with an array of different functions. Some dryers only have a few settings, while others allow for very specific run times and temperatures. No matter the appliance you have installed in your home, count on Mr. Appliance of White Marsh for repair. We're experienced with all these brands:
Ask Us About These Repair Parts
A dryer malfunction isn't always your cue to visit your local appliance store to buy a new one. Many times, our expert technicians can repair the problem with one of our replacement parts. We stock a range of parts specific to the most popular brands, so we can get your unit up and running in the blink of an eye. Ask us about these replacement parts:
- Idler pulleys
- Temperature switches
- Heating coils
Get in Touch With Our Team
A faulty dryer is no walk in the park. Instead of setting up a makeshift clothesline, get in touch with the repair experts at Mr. Appliance of White Marsh. We'll help you avoid astronomical energy bills, unexpected breakdowns, and safety issues. Our team takes on everything from repairs to preventative maintenance. Residents of White Marsh, Baltimore, Forest Hills, Towson, and Phoenix, MD are welcome to request our services. Contact us today for details.