Taking out the trash is not the favorite chore of most Americans, and trash compactors make the job easier and less frequent. Mr. Appliance of White Marsh offers professional trash compactor repair services in Baltimore and White Marsh, MD. Trash compactors help you reduce the number of times you have to hassle with lugging a bag of garbage outside. Trash compactors are a wonderful convenience, but they can become a nuisance when they suddenly stop working. Our trash compactor service experts will determine the problem with your home’s trash compactor and get it working again. Trash compactors can reduce the volume of trash your household produces by up to 80% to help you save space in your garbage can and in landfills. Learn more about our home trash compactor service and get in touch with us today to schedule service.
We Repair Multiple Types of Trash Compactors
You might not realize how much you depend on your trash compactor until it stops working. Without a working trash compactor, you’ll be juggling about four times the amount of trash that you’re used to. Before resigning yourself to this arduous task, call in the professionals at Mr. Appliance of White Marsh. We repair several types of trash compactors, including:
- Freestanding Compactors – These trash compactors have finished tops to provide additional counter space. Freestanding compactors are sometimes made with flexible features like built-in cutting boards.
- Under-the-Counter Compactors – These trash compactors are installed between cabinets and do not have finished tops. A trim kit helps an under-the-counter trash compactor blend in with your kitchen cabinetry seamlessly.
- Convertible Compactors – These trash compactors add versatility to your kitchen and can be installed as freestanding or under-the-counter appliances.
Replacing All Trash Compactor Parts
Our appliance experts repair and replace trash compactors for homes and businesses in Baltimore, White Marsh, and Forest Hills Towson. Our residential and commercial trash compactor service includes replacing all parts and components of trash compactors. We work with all major trash compactor brands and can help you choose the right trash compactor for your home. We offer the following authentic factory-certified parts and accessories:
- Pedals and handles
- Roller bearings
- Wheel assemblies
- Motor components
- Drive gears
- Ram stops
- Trash compactor bags
- Charcoal filters
Solving Common Trash Compactor Problems
Most household appliances require routine maintenance to maximize their lifespan and minimize the number of necessary repairs. Trash compactors are no exception, and when problems crop up, you need our professional plumbing experts on your side. We can repair the following common trash compactor issues:
- Trash compactor not working – Make sure the drawer on the trash compactor is completely closed. Check the fuse, circuit breaker, GFCI, and power cord. Make sure the key lock switch is set all the way to start. If you still can’t get your appliance to work, give us a call.
- Trash compactor not compacting garbage – Your trash compactor has one job, but sometimes it fails to compact trash. This may be due to a burned-out motor or slack, broken driving belts.
- Door or drawer not opening – Check to ensure the ram has returned to the top of the compactor. Next, check for damaged or dirty guides, tracks, wheels, or rollers. Our technicians are happy to help if something looks broken or you are unable to determine the problem.
- Noisy trash compactor – Trash compactors make noise during operation, but excessive noise can indicate a problem. The trash compactor’s belts, motor, and gears engage to compress garbage and make noise that you’re likely used to.
- Trash compactor smells bad – We all know that trash can smell bad, but if your compactor still smells after taking out the garbage, you may have trash stuck to the ram or other areas of the appliance. You should periodically clean your trash compactor or contact us for trash compactor cleaning service.
Why Hire Mr. Appliance of White Marsh?
There’s no need to panic when your trash compactor stops working correctly. We don’t recommend attempting DIY trash compactor repair unless you have the experience, expertise, and equipment that our professionals do. Mr. Appliance of White Marsh offers qualified experts and warranties on our parts and workmanship. We provide upfront pricing with contactless authorization and payment. Our courteous, uniformed professionals provide service on your schedule. We are proud to be a Neighborly company serving home and business owners in Maryland.
Schedule Trash Compactor Repairs Today
There’s no reason to live with a broken trash compactor. Our friendly professionals can solve your trash compactor issues quickly without breaking the bank. We want you to continue to enjoy the convenience of a working trash compactor, so contact us today to schedule service