Your home’s garbage disposal makes your life easier and more sanitary, and when something goes wrong, you might tend to panic or avoid cooking. Mr. Appliance of South Charlotte specializes in garbage disposal repairs for homeowners in South Charlotte, NC. Your home’s garbage disposal keeps food waste out of the trashcan and landfill, and it’s natural to be concerned when it stops working. We’ve all heard those horror stories about someone’s hand getting caught in the garbage disposal, so never attempt to perform DIY garbage disposal repairing. Our professional plumbers offer expert garbage disposal repair service when your garbage disposal starts acting up or quits working altogether. Learn more about our residential plumbing services, and get in touch with us today to schedule service.
We Repair Multiple Types of Garbage Disposals
Most homeowners don’t know much about their garbage disposal except the job it’s supposed to do. You might be surprised to find out that there are two different types of garbage disposals that you may have in your home. Our experienced appliance repair technicians specialize in repairing both types of disposals. It is crucial to understand which type you have when you need garbage disposal maintenance or repairs. The two main types of garbage disposals are the following:
- Continuous Feed – A continuous feed garbage disposal is activated with the flip of a switch. When you turn them on, they run continuously, and food is typically stored inside a rubber shield.
- Batch Feed – These garbage disposals use a safety feature to prevent the appliance from running unless a lid or cap is placed over the disposal. Batch feed garbage disposals are a smart choice if you have small children in your home.
Performing the Most Common Garbage Disposal Repairs
Your garbage disposal may seem like a relatively simple device, but a lot of things can go wrong with it. No matter which type of problem you experience, you can count on our uniformed technicians to fix it properly. Sometimes you might not even need our professional garbage disposal repair services, but safety should always be your top priority. That means calling in the team at Mr. Appliance of South Charlotte for the following garbage disposal issues:
- No Power – If there is no power to your garbage disposal, start by checking your electrical panel and ensuring no breakers have been tripped. Next, try resetting the garbage disposal. When garbage disposals get jammed, they can overheat and turn off. Look for a red reset button to restore the power. If none of these steps work, there’s a good chance that the motor needs to be replaced.
- Jamming – Garbage disposals commonly jam due to high-fiber foods clogging them up. Don’t attempt to clear clogs by going through the top of the garbage disposal. There should be a hole for a socket wrench located underneath the motor. Use the wrench to rotate it, and the masher plate should clear the jam.
- Clogged Drain – Garbage disposals often get clogged just like any other drain in your home. Clearing away garbage disposal clogs can be a bit trickier, though. Allow our professionals to help you with snaking out any garbage disposal clogs.
- Excessive Noise – It’s normal for garbage disposals to make noise during operation, but excessive noise may mean you have something hard stuck inside, such as a screw or a bone.
- Leaks – When the gaskets and seals on your garbage disposal get worn out, dirty water can leak underneath the sink. Our team can replace your gaskets and perform a complete resealing of your garbage disposal.
Working With All Garbage Disposal Brands
The experts at Mr. Appliance of South Charlotte have experience with every brand of garbage disposal your home in South Charlotte might have. You can rest easy knowing that you’re in capable hands if you’ve been searching for garbage disposal repairs near me or garbage disposal repair services near me. Our team has performed repairs on every garbage disposal make and model. No matter what type you have, we know the best way to repair it. Some of the main garbage disposal brands we specialize in include the following:
- InSinkErator (including Badger 5)
High-Quality Garbage Disposal Replacement Parts
Mr. Appliance of South Charlotte often needs to replace garbage disposal parts while performing our repairs. We are proud to use the highest quality replacement parts for all of our garbage disposal repairs. We stand behind a 1-year warranty on parts and labor for all our residential services. There are many parts that we may need to replace in your garbage disposal, including:
- Gaskets and seals
- Lids and baffles
Schedule Service for Your Garbage Disposal
You depend on your home’s garbage disposal day in and day out, so you need a team of local technicians you can count on when something goes wrong with your plumbing appliance. One of our uniformed technicians will visit your home in North Carolina and diagnose the source of the issue. From there, they will explain the problem, how we can repair it, and the price for doing so. We also offer a convenient tool to help you schedule an appointment online. Contact us today to schedule service.