Telltale signs your freezer isn’t working include:
- The freezer won’t turn on — Is your freezer properly plugged in but there’s no sign of cooling? In this case, there is surely something awry. We can examine the control board, power switch, wires, and circuit breakers for undiagnosed problems.
- The food is over-frosting — According to the FDA, a freezer should be at or below zero degrees Fahrenheit to keep food safely frozen (this temperature range will prevent bacteria). A freezer that fails to maintain subzero temperatures should be thoroughly inspected.
- The temperature fluctuates — Inconsistent temperatures result from various issues. A few common culprits include faulty circuits, electrical malfunctions, leaky seals, and loose wiring.
- The door seal leaks — Defective door seals can allow cold air to release – wasting energy, raising temperatures, and spoiling food items.
- The machine vibrates noisily — Most freezers make gentle humming noises. However, be mindful if you hear unusually startling vibrations clunking, grinding, or endless buzzing.
Are you dealing with one of the issues we just mentioned? Contact our team without delay, and we will make a timely appointment to assess your appliance!
Common Freezer Problems & Reliable Repairs
Mr. Appliance of Sewell has the tools, knowledge, experience, and technologies to repair all types of freezers, including upright freezers, drawer freezers, refrigerator-freezer combos, chest freezers, and any other make/model.
Multiple components canbecome damaged due to natural wear and tear. If your freezer has fallen into disrepair, we can check for:
- Damaged thermostats
- Broken seals
- Defective switches
- Unresponsive timers
- Faulty evaporator fans
- Electrical/cooling issues
Whatever the cause, we can get to the bottom of the issue and restore your freezer with a professional touch! We have the resources and skill set to expedite the repair process. Our team will provide an honest, upfront estimate before beginning any work. We always offer fair, competitive rates – free of hidden fees and surcharges. We also offer flexible, contactless payment options for your convenience.