Refrigerators should stay between 35 and 38 degrees Fahrenheit to ensure your food stays safe and cold. If your refrigerator doesn't get cold enough, Mr. Appliance of Park Slope’s team of highly trained and experienced technicians is available to diagnose and repair any refrigerator temperature issues your current unit may experience in Brooklyn, NY. Residential refrigerator repair services are a common need we gladly cover with our extensive training and expertise. Our technicians have been helping people with their refrigerators for years, so you can trust us to get the job done correctly. Reach out to our team today if your refrigerator doesn’t get cold enough. We'll determine your refrigerator issue’s exact cause and make sure your refrigerator runs optimally and efficiently once again.
Common Refrigerator Issues and Solutions
If your refrigerator doesn’t maintain a cold enough temperature, it might have a problem with its airflow or temperature settings. At Mr. Appliance of Park Slope, we understand how frustrating it can be when your refrigerator isn’t cold enough, and we’ll gladly diagnose and resolve any issues causing your refrigerator’s temperature to fail. Our experienced technicians perform quick and efficient work to repair your refrigerator’s temperature settings. The following are examples of common issues household refrigerators may experience:
- The refrigerator isn’t plugged in: If your refrigerator isn’t plugged in, it can’t cool down. Your first step is to check its plug and outlet.
- The condenser coils are dirty: Condenser coils help your refrigerator stay cold by dissipating heat from them. If they are dirty or clogged with dust and lint, your refrigerator might not cool itself properly. Periodically clean out these coils using a brush or vacuum cleaner to ensure they perform optimally.
- The temperature settings need adjusting: Every refrigerator has different settings to achieve maximum cooling efficiency. Check the thermostat and adjust as necessary, and make sure your food items don’t block any air vents.
- The door isn’t closing properly: If your refrigerator door doesn’t close properly, it will let warm air in and cool air out. Make sure the seal around your refrigerator door is tight, and all the hinges work correctly.
- The cold air can’t circulate: If the cold air doesn’t circulate throughout your refrigerator, make sure you don’t have any shelves or food items blocking any of its vents. This will ensure the cold air can move freely and cool your food properly.
Components of Your Refrigerator and What Can Go Wrong
If your refrigerator is not getting cold enough, it may be because of a malfunction with one of its various components. A few common problems include thermostat failure, condenser fan motor freeze-up, and evaporator coils icing over. Mr. Appliance of Park Slope’s experienced technicians have the knowledge and equipment to troubleshoot and repair these issues and get your refrigerator working like normal again. When you contact us for service in Brooklyn, one of our technicians will arrive at your home on time and thoroughly inspect all your refrigerator’s parts to identify the cause of your appliance problem quickly and accurately. Our comprehensive diagnostic process includes testing your refrigerator’s power supply, checking seals, inspecting fans and motors, cleaning components as needed, and verifying your compressor operates correctly. You can rely on us to repair or replace the following components:
- Refrigerator Compressor: The compressor is responsible for compressing and circulating the refrigerant throughout your refrigerator. If it fails, you will probably see your refrigerator’s temperature rise significantly.
- Thermostat: The thermostat measures the temperature inside your refrigerator and sends a signal to its other components to modify their speed or intensity to keep the temperature regulated. If this component malfunctions, it can result in temperatures that are too high or too low.
- Condenser Fan Motor: The condenser fan motor helps circulate air around your refrigerator’s condenser coils so they don’t overheat. When this part freezes up, it prevents air from entering your refrigerator and can lead to it not cooling to the correct temperature.
- Evaporator Coils: The evaporator coils are responsible for absorbing heat from inside your refrigerator and releasing it outside the refrigerator. If these coils ice over, they won’t be able to do their job correctly, and your refrigerator may not cool properly.
- Air Damper: The air damper controls the airflow to and from your refrigerator. If it does not function correctly, it can create a temperature imbalance inside your refrigerator, and its temperatures to be too warm or cool.
Mr. Appliance Is Here to Help With Refrigerator Repair
Are you having trouble with your refrigerator not getting cold enough in Brooklyn, NY? Mr. Appliance of Park Slope offers quick and thorough repair solutions. Our team of highly trained and experienced technicians have years of experience in refrigerator temperature repair services and can accurately diagnose and resolve any issues affecting your fridge. Get quality service from the best professionals in Park Slope, Red Hook, and other neighborhoods. Contact us today to schedule service and get your refrigerator running at its best!