Staying on top of clean laundry can be a chore, but dryers save you time and effort. However, if your dryer doesn't function properly, such as suddenly taking longer to dry clothes or running inefficiently and spiking your energy bills, it might be time to reach out to a repair technician for professional solutions. Dryer repair services can save you money by prolonging your dryer’s life and performance, and you'll certainly appreciate how convenient and time-saving an efficient dryer can be when it does its job quickly! If you need residential dryer repair in Brooklyn, NY, contact Mr. Appliance of Park Slope. Whether you have a gas dryer or an electric model, we can handle any problems it may develop.
We Repair Gas and Electric Dryers
At Mr. Appliance of Park Slope, we specialize in dryer repair services to keep your machine running efficiently for as long as possible. Every dryer has a rotating drum or tumbler that circulates heated air and evaporates moisture to dry your clothes thoroughly. The humid air this drying process creates is then pushed outside your home to make room for dry air to help with the drying process. Our technicians have the necessary skills and years of experience required to service both electric and gas dryers. Below, you’ll find descriptions of each of these options to help you understand them:
- Electric: Electric dryers have a lower upfront cost than gas dryers. However, gas dryers are more economical over time. Exhaust requirements for electric dryers are minimal.
- Gas: Gas dryers operate on natural gas or propane and cost less than electric over time. However, you’ll need specialized venting for a gas dryer.
Common Dryer Issues We Service
Has your dryer developed a problem or show signs of failing performance? Chances are it’s something Mr. Appliance of Park Slope has seen before. Our technicians can quickly diagnose and repair all the most common issues known to affect all brands and types of dryers. We can easily diagnose and repair these common issues with our in-depth appliance repair skills and expertise. If you have one of these issues with your dryer, contact us to schedule service at your home and receive quick, conclusive repair solutions:
- The dryer won’t run: Make sure your dryer is plugged in, and the breaker hasn’t been tripped. There are many other issues that can cause this issue, so your next step after checking the plug and breaker box is to contact a technician.
- The dryer isn’t producing heat: A bad fuse, temperature switch thermostat, or heating coils can cause this issue and require repairs or replacement.
- The drum doesn’t spin: The drum is hooked up to a motor and belt, and if either of these components gets damaged, it can result in your drum failing to spin. One of our technicians can examine your machine and determine your problem’s specific cause.
- The dryer gets too hot: If your dryer gets too hot, it becomes a fire hazard that requires technicians to address it immediately. This problem can be due to a bad thermostat, clogged vents, or heating coils that don’t work properly.
What Dryer Parts Do We Commonly Repair?
Most dryers consist of the same components, and our technicians often see the same issues happen between different brands. If any of these parts need repairs or replacement, our technicians can handle the job. Here are the common dryer parts our Mr. Appliance of Park Slope’s team repairs and replaces in Brooklyn:
- Idler pulleys
- Heating coils
- Temperature switches
Choose Mr. Appliance for Your Dryer Repair Needs
If you need dryer repairs at your Brooklyn, NY home, look no further than Mr. Appliance of Park Slope. Our highly trained and seasoned technicians have all the necessary expertise and equipment to handle any type of problem affecting your gas or electric dryer, from quick, basic repairs to more complicated malfunctions. You can always expect our team to provide comprehensive customer service and same- or next-day dryer repair services to get your machine running optimally again. Get in touch with us today to schedule service and let our technicians repair your dryer.