Is your freezer making funny noises? Has your food been spoiling faster than usual? Call Mr. Appliance of Memphis for speedy, expert freezer repair. Memphis appliance repair techs on our team have 80+ years of combined experience repairing freezers of all major brands and models.
All you need to do is give us a call, and we’ll be over ASAP to help fix your home appliance that needs freezer repair. Memphis homeowners can trust our in-home service professionals to diagnose the problem quickly, determine an effective solution, and get it fixed. With our help, your kitchen activities can get back up and running again soon. Need same-day or next-day freezer repair, Memphis? Call us today. We look forward to assisting you with reliable repairs!
Learn More About Our Memphis Freezer Repair Services
You can rely on our professional and cost-effective service for all types of repairs, including freezer repair. Memphis households that need minor component replacements, a major overhaul or anything in between can trust us to deliver speedy repairs so they don’t have to worry about stocking up on frozen foods.
Some of the common issues we can fix are:
- Ice and frost buildup
- Freezers that leak water
- Issues with temperature or cooling
- Abnormal noises
- Freezers that don't turn on or randomly shut off
- Sheet of ice on your freezer floor
From the first phone call to the repair wrap-up, we provide you with world-class service. Our mission is to provide a quick and convenient solution for your freezer issues. Most of our freezer repair services take one to two hours. When it comes to freezers, we've seen it all.
After calling our office and booking freezer repair, Memphis residents can expect:
- Appointment Reminder: We'll email and text you before your service. This will include a two-hour window of when you can expect us, as well as a picture of our In-home Service Professional who'll arrive.
- On-Time Arrival: We show up when we say we will. And we also arrive in our company van and professional uniform. We'll be sure to put on shoe covers before we enter your home.
- Quick Diagnosis: We'll have all the tools and equipment necessary to troubleshoot your freezer quickly and accurately.
- Review the Repair Estimate: After we've diagnosed the issue, we'll review your freezer repair options and estimate before we do any repair work. All pricing is discussed up-front, and the rate won't change (even if the repair takes longer than we quoted).
- We'll Fix Your Freezer: We will do everything we can to deliver same-day freezer repair. Memphis techs at Mr. Appliance sometimes need to return with parts, and in that case, we'll do so as quickly as we can—we can get most parts the next day.
To wrap it all up, we'll leave you with a one-year parts and labor warranty, as per our Neighborly Done Right Promise®. If they need prompt and professional freezer repair, Memphis can count on Mr. Appliance.
Choose Mr. Appliance for Reliable Freezer Repair, Memphis Homeowners
We're locally owned and operated by Andy Johnson. Andy opened Mr. Appliance of Memphis in 2013 and has recruited some of the top freezer repair techs in the area. Andy was born and raised in Memphis and loves serving his neighbors by quickly and professionally repairing their freezers.
Of course, we do more than just freezer repair. Memphis homeowners and business owners can count on us for affordable appliance repair service for a wide range of units, including dryer repair, washer repair, refrigerator repair, dishwasher repair, stove and oven repair, ice maker repair, garbage disposal repair, trash compactor repair and more for your household appliances. We also offer major appliance repair and replacement for commercial appliances, such as commercial refrigeration equipment.
Here are just a few facts that set us apart from the rest:
- We've served thousands of customers in Memphis and beyond
- Combined, we have over 80+ years of freezer repair experience
- We offer same-day and next-day service
- We offer up-front, flat-rate pricing
- We back our freezer repairs with a 1-year parts and labor warranty
Fixing your freezer is one thing. But it's another thing entirely to offer experienced, professional service while treating you with the courtesy and respect you deserve. At Mr. Appliance of Memphis, that's what we're all about. To book your Memphis freezer repair service with the best local, professional appliance repair company, give us a call. If you'd like to read some of our reviews, check out our testimonials page.
Frequently Asked Questions About Freezer Repair
If they'd like to know more about freezer repair, Memphis residents can call us up to speak with our knowledgeable customer service representatives and get the answers they need. Or, read our responses to a few questions we commonly hear from homeowners and business owners in Memphis.
What Are the Warning Signs That Memphis Freezer Repair is Needed?
You may be wondering if you actually need to call Mr. Appliance technicians right now or if the problems you're experiencing are just minor issues that will disappear on their own without the need for freezer repair. Memphis freezers, just like any appliance, do need maintenance and the occasional professional appliance repair to keep them running smoothly for as long as possible. If you're aware of the signs that something's not right with your unit, you can get professional Memphis freezer repair services before the damage worsens. Here are some warning signs to watch out for:
- Unit is too cold or not cold enough
- Unusually loud noises such as buzzing, grinding, banging or knocking
- Excessive frost buildup inside or around door
- Door or lid is not sealing properly all the way around the edge
- Unit is leaking water
- Food isn't freezing through or is spoiling unexpectedly
- Food quickly becomes freezer burnt
- Ice machines not producing ice
Which Freezer Brands Do You Offer Repair Services For?
At Mr. Appliance of Memphis, we can repair any freezer and any problem you might be experiencing. We know how stressful a broken freezer is—but we're here to provide speedy, expert service.
Some of the freezer/refrigerator brands we can service include:
- Fisher & Paykel
For trusted freezer repair, Memphis homeowners and business owners can rely on our service professionals regardless of what brand or model needs to be fixed. We offer same-day and next-day appointments.
Is It Bad for a Freezer to Be Overfilled?
This question may catch you by surprise if you've never thought about how the volume of stuff in your freezer could affect its performance, but that actually is a factor—and it's not just over-filling that can be a problem. Underfilled freezers can also cause issues. Generally speaking, the recommendation for best practices is to keep your freezer about 70 to 85% full. If it's emptier than around 70%, you'll lose an excessive amount of cold air every time you open the lid or door, and if it's fuller than about 85%, you run the risk of blocking air circulation inside the unit, which causes uneven temperatures. How you place items into the freezer matters as well. It's best to try to keep items evenly spread throughout the middle of the unit, keeping the edges clear where you can to enable better air circulation and ensure the vents are unblocked. This will go a long way toward avoiding iced-over freezers and other problems that can occur without adequate airflow.
Why is My Freezer Making Strange Noises?
If you hear unusual, or the usual sounds are suddenly a lot louder than they used to be, the most likely culprit is a deteriorated evaporator fan motor grommet or some other fan-related problem. Moving parts tend to experience a lot more wear and tear damage than stationary parts. Because your freezer unit does make a range of typical noises, it can be difficult to distinguish between a sound that's completely normal and one that is warning of a problem that requires freezer repair. Memphis service technicians at Mr. Appliance will be able to determine if the fan motor and other parts of the fan are working properly and get them replaced if necessary.
Can Freezer Repair Improve a Unit's Energy Efficiency?
If you suspect your freezer is sucking up more than its fair share of fuel and causing the energy charges on your utility bill to go up, it's possible that its energy efficiency could be increased with the right freezer repair. Memphis service technicians will tell you that whether you see a noticeable difference really depends on the current condition of your unit and what may be causing its efficiency problems. If you have a malfunctioning or damaged door seal that isn't sealing shut properly, for example, there's no doubt that the efficiency of the unit will increase quite a bit when we replace it with a seal that is able to do its job and keep the cold air inside the freezer. There are other parts that are susceptible to causing issues with energy consumption as well—sometimes simply cleaning condenser coils that haven't been cleaned in a while (or ever) can make a notable difference. When we evaluate the condition of your unit prior to freezer repair, Memphis homeowners can trust us to check for problems that reduce energy efficiency.
What's the Best Way to Maintain a Unit So It Doesn't Need Freezer Repair?
Never want to have the hassle of a malfunctioning freezer ever again? That's understandable. While we can't promise it'll never break down and need freezer repair, Memphis homeowners should know that the best way to avoid a major appliance issue is with regular maintenance. Here are a few things you can do to help keep your unit in excellent condition:
- Check the thermostat every few months to make sure it's set to about zero degrees Fahrenheit.
- Periodically check underneath the unit to ensure there are no signs of dampness or water damage to the floor underneath that would indicate a leak.
- Keep all parts of the freezer clean by washing it at least annually with a damp rag and mild dish detergent. Pay special attention to the condenser coils at the back or bottom of the unit, as they can attract dust and debris.
- Read the owners' manual and follow the manufacturer's maintenance suggestions.
Is It Time for Freezer Repair? Memphis Can Count On Mr. Appliance
Don't suffer with a freezer that doesn't work properly or doesn't work at all when you can call Mr. Appliance of Memphis for experienced freezer repair. Memphis and area homeowners and business owners can rely on us for speedy, reliable workmanship that offers long-lasting results. We also serve nearby communities such as Brunswick, Collierville and Germantown.