Keep your energy bills low and ensure that laundry-days run smoothly by scheduling service for your dryer if it isn't operating efficiently. The professional team at Mr. Appliance of Madison, WI can inspect your appliance to determine what might be causing the breakdown – whether it’s poor air circulation or wear on certain components due to frequent use – we will identify the source of the problem and necessary repair.
Don't let minor problems become major inconveniences; get help from our experienced Madison dryer repair professionals!
How Does a Dryer Work?
A dryer works by using heat to remove moisture from laundry items. Hot air is circulated around the drum of the dryer, which absorbs the moisture from clothing, towels, and other fabrics.
The dryer will then filter this air to ensure that all moisture is removed before recirculating it. This process will continue until the clothes are completely dry.
In addition to heat, many modern dryers also use steam or chemicals to aid in drying. Steam helps to loosen fabrics and break down wrinkles so clothes come out looking fresh and wrinkle-free. Some chemicals can also be used in place of water during the rinsing process, so that less energy is needed to complete a drying cycle.
Although they may seem simple enough, there’s actually a lot of science behind how a dryer works!
Types of Dryers
- Electric – Electric dryers are often less expensive than their gas counterparts. They are also easier to install and minimal exhaust requirements are needed.
- Gas – While the initial cost of a gas or propane dryer might be higher than an electric dryer, they are more cost-effective leading to longer-term savings. However, it is important to keep in mind that specialized venting is essential for this energy-efficient option.
Regardless of whether you have a gas or electric system, our dryer repair pros in Madison are equipped to handle whatever service the appliance may require to get it back up and running. Whether you need dryer repair or routine maintenance, our team has the specialized knowledge required to ensure each job gets done quickly and correctly.
What Causes a Dryer to Stop Working?
Dryers are essential appliances for many households, but when they break down it can be difficult to pinpoint the source of the problem. Improper installation or maintenance procedures can lead to issues, while clogged dryer vents can also contribute. Over time, motors and other components such as belts and fuses can become worn out and cause further issues with operation.
Thankfully, experienced Madison dryer repair technicians are available to help you diagnose and fix these problems quickly and efficiently. Whether it is a simple issue or something more complicated, these professionals are armed with the knowledge necessary to get your dryer working again in no time.
Common Dryer Problems
- Dryer Not Heating - This can be caused by a number of different issues, such as a damaged heating element or coil, a blown fuse, a malfunctioning temperature switch, or a faulty thermostat.
- Dryer Takes Too Long to Dry - This could be the result of a clogged vent, incorrect settings, or overloaded capacity.
- Dryer Not Tumbling - If your dryer is not tumbling, it could be due to a number of different issues, such as a broken belt, a damaged motor, worn drum rollers or bearings, or a damaged idler pulley.
- Dryer Making Loud Noise - If your dryer is making a loud noise, it could be caused by a loose drum, as well as an issue with the motor, blower wheel, or drive belt. It could also be the result of damaged drum rollers, axles, or bearings.
- Dryer Becomes Overheated - Defective thermostats, blocked vents and damaged heating coils could all be potential causes of a temperature rise in your machine. As excess heat can create a hazardous environment, it’s imperative you don’t wait to address such an issue.
With so many potential causes behind these various problems, it’s best to consult with our team of Madison dryer repair experts who are trained in diagnosing such problems.
The Important of Dryer Maintenance
Keep your energy costs low and stay safe with regular professional maintenance from our Madison dryer maintenance pros at Mr. Appliance! Our experienced technicians can help you avoid inconvenient breakdowns by providing expert gas or electric dryer services to keep your appliances running smoothly.