Your dryer dries your clothes, plain and simple. But the moist air that’s created from the wet clothes mixing with the hot air needs to go somewhere, and that’s where the dryer vent comes in.
The dryer vent ventilates that moist air outside your home via your dryer vent ducts. Your vent duct might be an aluminum foil duct, a semi-rigid metal duct, or a plastic or vinyl duct.
No matter which dryer vent duct you have, yours needs to be regularly cleaned so the wet air can continue escaping outside. Your lint filter won’t catch everything, even by cleaning it after each load. The lint, dirt, and other debris that squeaks past the lint filter will collect in your dryer vent.
Assuming you use your dryer at least once a week, you can imagine just how much lint and debris collect in your dryer vent! This lint and debris are exactly what we need to clean out of your vent, to not only make your dryer more effective but to lift the potential fire hazard your clogged dryer vent creates.
Why Do I Need to Clean My Dryer Vent?
Have you ever given thought to cleaning your dryer vent? Sure, you clean your dryer’s lint filter after each load, but what about your dryer’s vent itself? Roughly 13,820 house fires are caused by dryers annually. And roughly 27% of those fires are caused by lint build-up, which equates to 373 fires. With this in mind, it's important to have your dryer vent cleaned to safeguard your family and home against these types of fires.
5 Signs Your Dryer Vent is Clogged
If you can’t remember the last time you cleaned your dryer vent, that’s a strong indication you should have yours cleaned ASAP.
Some other indicators include:
- Your clothes are taking longer than normal to dry
- Your clothes are abnormally hot after the dryer cycle
- Noticing lint build up in your dryer hose or around your outside dryer flap
- If it’s been at least a year since your dryer vent was cleaned and inspected
- If you smell something burning while running your dryer
If you’re noticing any of these signs, we’d recommend having your dryer vent cleaned and inspected quickly! Call us or reach out to us online to make your appointment.
How You Can Save On Your Dryer Vent Inspection & Cleaning
It never hurts to have your dryer vent inspected, especially if it’s been over a year since yours was cleaned or inspected. Did you know you can save money by choosing us for your dryer vent cleaning and inspection? We’re offering a $20 off dryer vent inspection and cleaning coupon. Visit our coupon page to redeem your coupon and schedule your service.
What To Expect During Your Dryer Vent Cleaning Service
Never had a dryer vent inspection and cleaning before? There's no need to worry! From beginning to end, the service is pretty simple and doesn't take too long to complete.
The process involves a thorough inspection and cleaning process using specialized equipment.
Step 1: Dryer Vent Inspection
During the inspection, we'll examine your entire dryer vent system. This includes the exterior vent hood, the dryer duct, and the dryer itself. This inspection helps to identify any potential issues that may be hindering the optimal performance of the dryer.
It is essential to note that a clogged dryer vent can be very dangerous, as it increases the risk of fire. Additionally, a clogged vent can cause damage to your dryer, leading to costly repairs or replacements.
Step 2: Estimate Review
After the inspection, we'll review our findings and pricing with you before proceeding with any work. If you approve the estimate, we can typically clean your vent that same day.
Step 3: We'll Clean Your Dryer Vent
We'll use specialized equipment for the dryer vent cleaning service. This includes a high-powered vacuum and a rotating brush to remove all the debris and blockages from the vent. This process ensures that the dryer vent is cleared of any lint or debris that may have accumulated over time. When all is said and done, we'll restore efficiency and safety back to your dryer.
Need speedy, expert dryer vent cleaning in Fort Myers? Give us a call or schedule your service online today. We look forward to serving you!
Why Choose Us for Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning Near Me
You might be tempted to call an HVAC company or air duct company; however, our Fort Myers dryer vent cleaning specialists at Mr. Appliance of Lee County are perfectly capable, trained, and qualified to clean yours.
- Our team specializes in dryer vent cleaning. Hiring us for this service means that, after a dryer repair, for example, you don’t have to inconvenience yourself by having to call another company.
- We can do it right then and there for you or come back when it’s convenient for you. Also, be sure to check out our special offers page and save money by using our coupon for your service.
- Mr. Appliance of Lee County is owned and operated by Bob Tuck. Bob Tuck and his team have over 40 years of experience in the appliance industry and love serving their Fort Myers residents.
- Additionally, Mr. Appliance of Lee County is backed by a strong reputation and their promise to warranty all parts and labor involved in repairs. Don’t hire subpar companies; trust your dryer vent cleaning and inspection to an experienced and caring team.