Your refrigerator has one job: keep your food cool. When it fails, you need a speedy repair to prevent all that food from spoiling. That’s why you should turn to the team at Mr. Appliance of Indianapolis.
Our technicians will accurately diagnose the issue and whip your appliance back into shape in no time. We’re familiar with makes and models of all kinds, and we arrive on time in a vehicle stocked with everything we need to fix your fridge on the spot.
Common Refrigerator Repairs Issues & Parts We Can Repair
Common refrigerator parts we replace include:
- Defrost heaters
- Icemaker parts
- Cold controls
- Condensers and compressors
- Evaporators and fans
- And more!
Plus, we stand behind our work with a 1-year parts and labor warranty. If it’s not done right, we’ll make it right. That’s the Neighborly Done Right Promise!
Common Refrigerator Problems and Their Causes
Refrigerator Is Leaking Water
If you notice a puddle of water beneath your fridge, you can likely trace the issue to the defrost drain. As your refrigerator defrosts itself to prevent frost buildup, water drips into a defrost drain. Problems occur when food or particles clog the drain. This can result in a buildup of frost, too.
Refrigerator Is Freezing Food
Excessively low temperatures could be related to several issues.
- Temperature setting: Maybe someone accidentally bumped the temperature settings. The fridge should set to 37 to 41 degrees. Adjust it accordingly.
- Air vents: Air vents help maintain a consistent temperature, but when they become blocked, food can freeze. Try rearranging your food.
- Icemaker: If your icemaker is disconnected from a water line, it might still be trying to make ice, causing overcooling. Try turning your icemaker off by flipping the switch on the front of the unit to the off position. If it doesn’t have a switch, lift the metal feeler arm to the up position.
Refrigerator Is Buzzing/Humming
Your refrigerator should make a gentle hum but anything louder could be cause for concern. A loud humming or buzzing could indicate a problem with the compressor. Contact a refrigerator repair pro in Indianapolis right away.
Refrigerator Is Warm
Several things could prevent your refrigerator from cooling properly. These include:
- Dirty condenser coils: Remove the back plate from the refrigerator and vacuum excess dust and debris from the coils at least twice a year.
- Jammed or damaged evaporator fan motor: Unplug the fridge and find the fan motor behind the freezer wall. Remove the cover and manually spin the fan. The motor shaft should turn easily.
- Faulty condenser fan: Unplug the fridge and find the condenser fan motor through the access panel at the back. The fan should spin freely.
Turn to the Professionals for Trusted Refrigerator Repairs
If the problem is more complicated than you can fix yourself, count on us to fix it right. The independently-owned Mr. Appliance of Indianapolis is your trusted appliance repair technician, offering upfront pricing, service on your schedule and industry leading warranties.