The convenience of a washing machine in your home is unmatched, at least, until something goes wrong, and laundry day is all out of sorts. But no, you don’t need to schlep somewhere with your laundry or go old-school by hand-scrubbing everything. You’ve found Mr. Appliance of Highland Park.
Some of the common problems that homeowners call us for are:
- The washing machine won’t turn on. This could be due to a tripped switch from an imbalanced load, which is an easy fix by shifting the laundry around within the machine. But if that doesn’t work, the problem could be with your outlet or timer circuitry, both of which we can handle.
- The washing machine is not spinning – or it’s spinning poorly. Either way, this might be a defective lid switch or plunger, damaged wires, or a worn-out belt. If those aren’t the source of the issue, it could also be a burned-out spin solenoid or bad timer contact. But don’t worry, our professionals can properly diagnose the problem.
- The water is not draining from the machine. This could become a serious issue if it’s not addressed correctly. Water stays in the drum of the washer if there is a defective pump, worn drive belt, or clog in the drain hose.
- There is no cold water in the machine. Check to ensure that your cold-water valve is on. Otherwise, there could be sediment built up in the valve that needs to be cleared out.
- The washing machine is leaking. This can lead to water damage and mold growth quickly, so be sure to have professionals check on it. Washer leaks can be due to a loose hose, drain hose clogs, or pump issues. there could also be issues with the tub or tub water injection hose – we can determine what the best solution is.
Washing Machine Repairs Near Me
With support from a national brand helping homeowners for decades, we’re your local resource. That means flexible appointments on your schedule. It also means that we’re neighbors helping other neighbors, which we take pride in because it’s a way to help make the community a happier place.
Our highly-rated service professionals repair all types of washing machines, including:
- Combination units
- Compact units
The minute you notice a problem with your washing machine, it’s time to take precautions. The faster you act in checking everything out, the more likely you are to come away with a smaller repair call instead of a major problem. Preventative maintenance along the way is always a good idea, too. We’re happy to help you keep a schedule – there’s more than enough going on, and we can all use some help remembering important tasks to stay on top of.
Is it Worth Repairing My Washing Machine?
Generally speaking, yes, it is worth repairing your washing machine. Washer repair services typically help you save money and time.
When deciding whether to repair or replace your dryer, several factors come into play:
- Age of the Dryer. Consider the age of your washer. If it is nearing the end of its expected lifespan, investing in repairs may only provide a temporary solution. Most washing machines have an expected lifespan of 12 years.
- Cost of Repairs. Evaluate the cost of repairs compared to the value and age of the washer. If the repair cost is significantly high and approaching the cost of a new washer, it might be more cost-effective to replace the appliance.
- Frequency of Repairs. Does your washing machine have a history of frequent breakdowns or requires repairs often? It may indicate underlying issues that could persist despite fixing immediate problems.
Your washer technician can help you weigh the pros and cons during your service. We’ll be up-front and honest about your options and offer our professional opinion.
Why Trust Us for Your Washing Machine Repairs?
At Mr. Appliance of Highland Park, we go above and beyond to deliver first-rate service. It’s one thing to fix your washer. But it’s another to do so while respecting you and providing amazing customer service. This is what we’re all about.
At Mr. Appliance of Highland Park:
- We’ve served hundreds of customers and are backed by a great reputation.
- We back our washer repairs with a one-year parts and labor warranty.
- We offer easy and convenient online scheduling options.
- We’ll wear shoe covers in your home.
- Combined, our techs offer 50+ years of experience.
From your first phone call to pulling out of our driveway, we’ll treat you like our only customer. And provide speedy, expert service along the way.