- Note the exact symptoms caused by the problem with the appliance. Use all of your senses to assess the appliance: does something smell funny, look bent, sound different, vibrate too much, too hot, etc.
- Check for external factors. Is the appliance properly installed, does the appliance have the correct voltage supplied to it, etc.
- Check for internal and external physical damage such as broken parts, burnt elements or wires, oil leaks, etc.
- Make sure the controls are on the proper setting.
- Operate the appliance and let it run through its cycle. Check the cycle operation against the operational sequence described in the owner's manual.
- Using the information from the preceding steps, isolate the suspect circuit or mechanical system and identify the faulty component.
- Unplug the appliance
- Gain access to the faulty part
- Isolate and/or remove the defective part
- Install the new component
- Re attach all panels and screws
- Test the appliance for proper operation
Have more questions? Would you like to discuss something with our experts? Give our team a call!