Providing Local, Professional Freezer Services Near You
Does your freezer have trouble keeping its cool? Are you tired of dealing with defrosting and thawing multiple times a month? If you've been putting off scheduling maintenance and repairs for you’re freezer, look no further. Mr. Appliance of Asheville can help!
With our experienced freezer repair solutions, we can help maintain the longevity and effectiveness of your appliance by successfully identifying the source of your freezer-related problem and providing the necessary repair.
Types of Freezers We Can Repair:
- Upright Freezers
- Chest Freezers
- Drawer Freezers
- Refrigerator-Freezer Combo
Why Is My Freezer Not Freezing?
A freezer that stops freezing can be caused by several factors. Possible causes may include faulty thermostats, an overfilled freezer, old or worn-out parts, a bad compressor or fan motor, a loose door seal, a malfunctioning start relay, or a dirty condensing coil. Since there are so many different potential sources behind the issue, it's best to call in our team of Asheville freezer repair technicians who can identify the specific cause of your issue so that the correct repair can be performed.
However, a freezer not freezing is not the only indication that you are in need of service.
Signs Your Freezer Is Going Out:
- The freezer is not maintaining a consistent temperature. If the freezer is not maintaining a consistent temperature, it can cause food to thaw and refreeze, which can lead to bacteria growth and spoilage. Such a problem is likely due to the compressor coils not working properly. It could also be related to the temperature settings, a faulty door seal, or obstructed sensors.
- The freezer is making strange noises. If you hear a rattling, buzzing, humming, or clicking noise coming from the freezer, it could be an indication that the appliance is not operating as efficiently as it once did. Those types of noises could be caused by a failing compressor or evaporator fan problems, amongst other possible sources.
- The freezer door is not sealing properly. A properly sealing door is essential for energy-efficiency and keeping the cold air inside the freezer, so if you notice that there is a gap around the door, or that the seal is no longer tight, you need to call for freezer repair in Asheville. This could be the result of an issue with the gasket, whether it is damaged, dirty, or detached.
- The freezer is starting to have ice or frost buildup. When ice and frost accumulates in your appliance it can have an impact on freezer performance and efficiency, which can then impact energy costs. This problem could be the result of a damaged door seal, faulty defrost timer, or the freezer door being left open.
- The freezer is leaking water. If the freezer is leaking water, it could be an indication that the seals around the door are damaged or that there is a problem with the drainage system. Damaged seals will allow warm air to enter the freezer, causing ice to melt and water to leak out. A problem with the drainage system can also cause water to leak from the freezer, as this system is responsible for draining away any water.
What Can Cause a Freezer to Stop Working?
As noted above, there are a host of components that impact your freezer’s performance and ability to run. However, it’s important to note, that malfunctioning cooling system problems can be hazardous, so it's best to leave their repair in the capable hands of our Asheville freezer repair professionals!
Our expert team of professionals are equipped with specialized knowledge and tools that guarantee safe restoration of your system components - from damaged evaporator fans to malfunctioning defrost control timers and faulty safety switches, amongst others.
Here to Assist With All Your Freezer Repair Needs
If you're having problems with your home freezer, our professional repair services can help you quickly and easily. With reliable technicians who understand all aspects of freezer repair in Asheville, we will assess the issue and determine what service is required. Our professional guidance helps to ensure your residential freezer is back in working condition in no time!
Call us or contact us online today to schedule an appointment for freezer repair in Asheville, NC.