For the Love of Pumpkin: Pumpkin Recipes
The first day of fall is almost synonymous with pumpkin. Pumpkin this…pumpkin that. Pumpkin seems to bring out inner obsessions. Well, maybe obsession is too strong of a word. Let’s call it pumpkin mania. Think about it. People line up at the local coffee shop waiting, drooling, and practically panting for their beloved pumpkin spice latte. Restaurants serve seasonal pumpkin flavored menu items. Even the local yogurt and ice cream parlors get in on the action with pumpkin flavored frozen sweets.
But who’s to say that pumpkin should be limited only to fall and the holiday season? Why can’t we enjoy this delectable, orange fruit all year? That’s precisely why we created the For the Love of Pumpkin board on the Mr. Appliance® Pinterest page.
We’re going to celebrate our love for pumpkin 365 days a year. So, get your taste buds ready. To get you started, here are a few of the most popular pins from the For the Love of Pumpkin board. 2015 may just end up being the year of the pumpkin mania!
- 1 cup Silk unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon honey, agave nectar, or sweetener of choice
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 medium banana
- 6 ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to a blender and process until well combined.
- Taste and adjust sweetener, if desired.
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup half & half or milk
- 1 ½ cups steel cut oats
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½-1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Stir all ingredients together in slow cooker and cook on low overnight, about 8 hours.
- When it’s done, it will still look runny. Stir.
- Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator or freezer.