Professional Ice Machine Repair in Lexington, KY
Keep Your Drinks Cool With Our Ice Machine Repair Services
Ice makers and ice machines have allowed homeowners to forget about the days of finding empty ice trays in their freezers. Whether you have an ice machine built into your freezer or a standalone unit, you have probably noticed that your ice machine is prone to having problems from time to time. If you have an ice maker in the Lexington, Kentucky area that’s not working correctly, you can trust Mr. Appliance of Lexington’s ice machine repair team to help you solve the problem. Learn more about our ice machine repair services.
Experienced With All Types of Ice Makers
With all the different ice machines on the market today, you might wonder if our ice machine service and repair team can handle your particular unit. Don’t worry. Our expert technicians have experience working with various types of ice machines. We routinely perform ice machine repairs for:
- Freezer ice makers
- Portable ice makers
- Undercounter ice machines
- Built-in or freestanding ice machines
- Combination ice machine and water dispenser
The Most Common Reasons to Get Ice Machine Repairs
There are a lot of things that can go wrong with your ice machine. From producing undersized ice cubes to not working at all, identifying the source of a problem can require an extraordinary level of expertise. Luckily, our ice machine repair technicians are always happy to diagnose any issue and give you a detailed estimate of the ice machine repair costs. Some of the most common problems ice machines encounter include:
- The freezer isn’t cold enough – If your freezer is not between zero and five degrees Fahrenheit, your ice machine won’t be able to produce ice cubes.
- Problems with the freezer door switch – If your freezer door switch breaks, your freezer may think the door is open at all times. If so, it will prevent the ice machine from dispensing ice.
- Insufficient water supply – A defective inlet valve can cut off the water supply to your ice machine, preventing your ice maker from getting the water it needs to produce ice cubes.
- Low water pressure – If your water pressure is below 20 psi, your ice machine may not be getting enough water to work correctly.
- Faulty ice level control board – When your ice tray gets full, the ice level control board turns off the ice maker. When this control board breaks, your ice maker will stop producing new ice.
- Clogged water filter – A clogged water filter can also cut off the water supply to your ice maker. When water cannot flow through the filter, your ice machine does not get enough water to produce full-size cubes.
- Defective mold thermostat – The mold thermostat tells your ice maker when your ice cubes are done and ready to be ejected into the ice tray. When this fails, it stops the automatic ice cube production cycle.
- Dispenses misshapen cubes – Any issue that restricts the supply of water to your ice maker may cause your ice machine to produce undersized or oddly shaped cubes.
- Water leaking inside the freezer – A leaky water inlet valve can leave puddles inside your freezer. It often causes your ice cubes to be larger too.
- Not making enough ice – If the environment surrounding your ice machine is exceptionally warm, it may take your ice maker longer to produce ice cubes.
- Not making any ice – Influxes of warm water from things like dishwashers pumping back into the cold-water line can cause your ice maker to halt the production of ice cubes.
Mr. Appliance of Lexington Repairs All Brands of Ice Makers
Mr. Appliance of Lexington has provided ice machine repair service to the Lexington, Danville, and Harrodsburg area for a long time. Over the years, we have worked with virtually every make, model, and brand of ice maker. So, no matter what brand you have in your home, you can trust our ice machine repair technicians to know what they are doing. Some of the ice maker brands we frequently repair include:
We Use the Most Reliable Parts for Ice Machine Repairs
While making ice might seem simple, it takes an interconnected system of parts to automatically produce ice for you on demand. So, when your ice machine stops working as it should, you often need to replace one or more parts. At Mr. Appliance of Lexington, we only use the highest-quality parts. We offer a one-year parts and labor warranty for all residential ice machine repairs. Some of the ice machine parts we may need to replace include:
- Control boards
- Water filtration systems
- Storage bins and baggers
Request a Residential Ice Machine Repair Appointment Now!
When your ice maker stops working, you need a professional who can identify the problem and provide you with a reliable solution. That’s precisely what we offer. When you work with us, you can expect us to show up on schedule and fix the problem right the first time. Backed by the Neighborly Done Right Promise®, our residential ice machine repair services are the most reliable around. Request your ice machine repair appointment online now!
5 out of 5 Star Rating
“Very pleased with the quick service we got!”
- Tim L.