Office Christmas parties can be a lot of fun, especially if they encourage everyone to bring a dish. This allows everyone to be involved and gives you a chance to get creative in the kitchen as well. When it comes to trying to decide what kind of food to bring to a potluck at the office, consider that most people will be there to socialize. This means that dishes that are easy to eat while moving around are best suited for an office Christmas party. The following are some of the best dishes to bring to a party:
- Spinach Dip - Chips and dip are the perfect type of appetizer for any party. There are tons of different ways you can make spinach dip, but for a basic recipe, combine a cup of mayo with 16 ounces of sour cream, a 1.8 ounce of dry leek soup mix, four ounces of water chestnuts and 10 ounces of chopped spinach. Be sure to pick up some crackers from the store that can be used alongside your spinach dip.
- Candied Almonds - Someone is going to have to satisfy the sweet tooth of the office, and candied almonds are an incredibly easy way to do this. Not only are they delicious, but your colleagues can simply grab a handful of them whenever they want something sweet to nibble on. To make candied almonds, combine half a cup of water, a cup of white sugar and a tablespoon of ground cinnamon in a pan and bring to a boil before adding two cups of almonds. Stir it until the liquid evaporates and your almonds will be candied. Use the same ratio of ingredients for a larger amount of candied almonds.
- Cranberry Turkey Pinwheels - Cranberry Turkey Pinwheels are a fantastic finger food that are easy to eat without causing a mess and boast a delicious sweet and savory taste. Simply mix a tub of light cream cheese with two tablespoons of chopped chives. Spread the mixture across four flour tortillas. Spread a cup of dried cranberries across the tortillas and then add 12 ounces of sliced turkey. Roll the tortillas up. Refrigerate them, then wrap them in plastic wrap and slice them into one inch thick pinwheels for easy serving.
- Christmas Nacho Cups - For a finger food that's easy to throw together but that will still look and taste great, make little Christmas Nacho Cups. All it takes to make these tasty little treats is a couple of bags of tortilla chips and a few basic ingredients. Take each scoop and fill it with guacamole, a bit of lemon juice (to preserve the green color throughout the night), a slice of a baby tomato and a tiny piece of cilantro. That's it!
- Cheese and Grape Christmas Tree - Someone has to bring cheese and grapes, which is not only the perfect combo of sweet and savory but also easy to pick at casually. Pick out three or four of your favorite cheeses and some green and red grapes, then lay them out on a large board in the shape of a Christmas tree to create a more festive snack.
These are some of the best dishes to bring to a party at the office this holiday season. Making your own food to bring to a potluck is a lot more fun than just grabbing some store bought food to bring to a party, after all. Be sure to check out some of our other holiday recipes and contact us at Mr. Appliance® for all of your kitchen appliance repair needs.