Silly Apple Bites
These eye-catching snacks are a great treat, especially with Halloween coming before we know it!
What you’ll need for eight bites:
- 2 green apples
- Sunflower butter
- 32 sunflower seeds
- 2-3 strawberries
- 1-2 candy eyes per apple bite
- Optional: whipped cream.
How to make:
- Slice the apples into quarters and cut the middles out of each quarter of the outside of the apple to create a mouth. Don't worry about perfection; you are filling this gap with sunflower butter next.
- Coat the inside of the cut gap with a filling of sunflower butter.
- Place 4 sunflower seeds in the "mouth" for the teeth.
- Slice the strawberries and place 1 sliced strawberry inside the mouth for the tongue.
- Leave the apples coated w/ just sunflower butter to make little monsters. Or, coat with whipped cream to turn your apples into ghosts!
- "Glue" each eye above the mouth with sunflower butter.
- Serve and enjoy!
Learn more about this tasty craft at this link: http://www.forkandbeans.com/2015/08/06/silly-apple-bites/
Celery Snails and Caterpillars
Your kiddo can show off their bravery – not afraid to eat a bug!
Here is what you’ll need:
- Celery stalks
- Room temperature peanut butter or cream cheese
- Sliced apple/orange
- Candy eyes
How to make:
- Snails: Take the celery stalks and fill them with peanut butter or cream cheese and top with an apple or orange slice. Use peanut butter or cream cheese to “glue” on the cashew head and to attach the candy for the eyes.
- Caterpillars: Fill celery stalks with peanut butter or cream cheese and top with grapes or blueberries. Use the peanut butter or cream cheese to “glue” on the cashew head and attach the candy eyes. Click this link for more info: