Are you excited to have friends and family over for the Big Game? You had better be prepared with everyone’s favorite snacks so you can enjoy cheering on your favorite team to the fullest! The following five game day recipes are sure to be a hit.
Just remember to make sure your refrigerator, oven and stove are in good working order before game day arrives. If any of these needs attention, schedule kitchen appliance repair so the Big Game doesn’t get fouled up. You never know… you might bring Cam or Peyton good luck with your superior snacking!
Your guests will be floored by these flavorful deviled eggs. And they’re so easy to make!
6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 to 2 tablespoons horseradish
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
1/8 teaspoon salt
Dash of pepper
Dash of paprika
1. Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks. Set the whites on a plate and transfer the yolks to a bowl.
2. Add all the ingredients to the bowl except the paprika. Mash into a paste.
3. Pipe or spoon the mixture onto the hollowed out egg whites and top with paprika. Refrigerate until serving.
Creamy Cheese Dip
This is the perfect appetizer for game day! Serve it with your favorite crackers.
16 ounces cheddar or Swiss cheese spread, softened
11 ounces cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Dash of paprika and dried parsley
Crackers of your choice
1. Thoroughly blend the first five ingredients in a medium bowl with a hand mixer. Chill for three hours or overnight.
2. Stir the mixture and sprinkle with paprika and parsley immediately before serving with your favorite crackers.
French Onion Chip Dip
For all the chip lovers at your party, offer another type of dip they’re sure to love.
16 ounces sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 package French onion dip mix
Potato chips, raw vegetables, pretzels, etc.
1. Combine the first three ingredients in a medium bowl.
2. Refrigerate until the game starts to let the flavors blend. Serve with your favorite dippers.
BBQ Chicken Nachos
What’s game day without a heaping plate of nachos to share? Win over your guests with this amazing yet simple recipe.
One bag of tortilla chips
2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1/3 cup BBQ sauce
Several dollops of sour cream
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Place a layer of chips on a baking sheet and top with cheese and chicken. Repeat the layers until the ingredients are used up.
2. Bake at 450 degrees until the cheese melts, or about 5 minutes.
3. Remove from the oven and top with BBQ sauce, sour cream and green onions. Serve immediately.
Keep everyone coming back for more with this incredibly simple recipe that practically cooks itself.
32 ounces frozen meatballs
18 ounces grape jelly
18 ounces BBQ sauce
1. Place ingredients in a slow cooker and stir until well blended.
2. Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 2 hours.
3. Once the game starts, switch the slow cooker to “warm.” Place toothpicks next to the slow cooker and let guests serve themselves.
You can’t expect to make these game day recipes if any of the appliances in your kitchen are broken! Schedule kitchen appliance repair from Mr. Appliance® before the Big Game so you can make the deviled eggs, dips, nachos and meatballs you want to snack on while cheering on your favorite team.