Author Lauren Myracle is quoted as saying, “You should eat a waffle! You can’t be sad if you eat a waffle!”
Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Think about it. Waffles are the whole package with crunchy, tasty goodness on the outside and hot, soft lusciousness on the inside. It seriously just doesn’t get any better.
So, in honor of this month’s Waffle Iron Day, your friends at Mr. Appliance have come up with a list of our favorite out-of-the-box, mouth waterin’, lip smackin’, finger lickin’ best waffle recipes of all time. They’re so good you’ll want to shout L'eggo my eggo! Yes, they’re really that good.
Cinnamon Roll Waffles from Pillsbury.com
- 1 can of Pillsbury Grands! Refrigerated cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat waffle maker; spray with cooking spray. Remove cinnamon rolls from can; set icing aside.
- For each waffle, place 1 cinnamon roll in the center of waffle maker; close. Bake 3 to 4 minutes or until waffle is thoroughly cooked and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together reserved icing, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until glaze is smooth.
- Serve glaze over hot waffles.
Monte Cristo Waffle Sandwich from foodiecrush.com
- 4 whole grain toaster waffles
- ½ cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- ¼ pound shaved honey-baked ham
- Raspberry jam
- ¼ pound shaved turkey (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Top two toaster waffles with some shredded cheese, then a handful of ham (and optional turkey) and then more cheese. Slather the other two toaster waffles with raspberry jam and use as a top to the cheese topped waffles.
Bring a frying pan to medium heat and melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in it.
Whisk the eggs and milk together in a shallow bowl.
Dredge one sandwich in the egg batter then place in the frying pan. Top with a cover and cook until the sandwich is browned, flip and cook the other side until the cheese is melted. Repeat the process with the additional butter and other sandwich and serve immediately.
Cornbread Waffles with Chili & Fixins from thecountrycook.net
- 2 packs Martha White Mexican Style Cornbread Mix
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2 Eggland’s Best eggs
- 2 cans chili
Toppings: sour cream, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese
- Preheat waffle iron to a medium-high setting. If waffle iron has a number setting, set it to a number 4 (higher if you want a darker crispier waffle).
- Heat chili. Pour both cans of chili into a covered pot and heat it until it’s warmed through or pop it into a microwave-safe bowl and heat until warmed through.
- In medium bowl, combine both packs of cornbread mix with eggs and milk. Stir well until combined.
- Spray heated waffle iron with nonstick spray.
- Pour one cup of cornbread mix onto waffle iron.
- Finish off the waffle with your favorite toppings.
So, what’s your favorite twist on a waffle? We would love to hear how you take waffles to a different level. Share your tips and our Facebook page.