By: Sarah Trocolli
Summer time means strawberry time for my family. We can never seem to get enough of them. My great Aunt Sarah loves to bake and she introduced me to her delicious strawberry cake as a present for my 14th birthday. Ever since then, my strawberry love has grown into an obsession. This cool, creamy cake is a simple recipe that’s great for birthdays, outside parties or any occasion.
- Betty Crocker strawberry cake mix
- Frozen sweetened strawberries
- Fresh strawberries
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Cool Whip
- Bake the strawberry cake mix according to box directions and let it cool.
- While cake is baking and cooling, thaw the frozen sweetened strawberries and blend to the consistency of a smoothie-like texture.
- After cake has cooled, use the end of a wooden spoon and poke holes in the cake. Then fill the holes with the sweetened strawberries.
- While the cake sits, combine vanilla pudding mix with Cool Whip until completely blended. Use this mixture to ice the cake.
- Cut the fresh strawberries into slices and lay on the cake. (optional)
- Cover cake and cool in the fridge for two hours
- Serve and enjoy!
- When poking holes in the cake you’ll want to make the holes large enough for the sweetened strawberry mixture, but make sure the holes aren’t too close together or you won’t have a surface to ice!
- If you need a little chocolate with your strawberries, chocolate syrup is great drizzled over the top of the cake after you have iced it.