WACO, Texas, (January 27, 2015) – One of the fondest childhood memories for many people is spending time in the kitchen cooking with their family. Whether sharing family recipes or just decorating cookies for a holiday, the kitchen is a place where families can bond while creating delicious memories.
While cooking with children can be fun, the kitchen also provides several potential dangers for children. Mr. Appliance provides some basic tips for making sure children stay safe in the kitchen.
- If younger children are in the kitchen, use back burners.
- Always take your time and never rush.
- Have a first aid kit and fire extinguisher available at all times.
- Never hold or carry children while cooking.
- Do not place anything near the stove that might catch fire.
- Baggy clothing can catch on mixers or hang close to burners.
- Sharp knives and appliances in use should never be left unattended.
Cooking with children is a great way to build lasting memories while enjoying delicious meals. Following these simple tips is a great way to make sure that everyone stays safe in the process.
For more information on kitchen safety and the best way to maintain your appliances contact your local Mr. Appliance.