Take time to love your appliances and they will love you back. Follow these
steps from Mr. Appliance® to cook up some romance, instead of frustration
with inefficient appliances.
Give Your Oven Some Lovin’
- Don’t run the self-cleaning cycle within one week of a big dinner
- ovens have a tendency to fail during or right after a self-cleaning cycle.
- Clean the reflector bowls under the burners to help cook more efficiently.
XOXO For Your Dishwasher
- If you’re unsure whether or not an item is dishwasher safe, just
wash it by hand.
- Run an empty dishwasher with a cup of white vinegar to eliminate odors
Keep Your Garbage Disposal Smelling Like Roses
- Place a handful of ice cubes in the disposal. Add lemon, orange or lime
peels and run disposal with cold water for 15 to 30 seconds. Continue
to rinse with cold water.
- To avoid clogging your garbage disposal, remember to not pour grease down
Rekindle Your Refrigerator
- Unplug your refrigerator and use a vacuum to remove any dust from the coils.
This will help it run more efficiently and trim your utility bills.
- Make sure it’s loaded properly. Contents should be evenly distributed.