What do you do when you are going to a party and have no time to bake an appetizer? Make a pasta salad party. Simple ingredients, simple recipe and simply good.
• Package of rotini whole wheat pasta
• 15.5 oz. can of garbanzo beans
• 4 c spinach, chopped
• 1 red onion, thinly sliced
• 1 1/4 c feta cheese
• 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4 c red wine vinegar
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 tsp. ground mustard seed
• kosher salt
• black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add rotini pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. Add red onion, feta, garbanzo beans and a pinch of salt and pepper to pasta. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together olive oil, vinegar and mustard seed. Pour over pasta and mix well. Cover and chill for two hours.