Healthy Eating - Part 2
Healthy Recipe Example
An example of a healthy recipe is cabbage soup with brown rice, posted by Curves International, the world’s largest fitness franchise for women. Check out more info on the full Curves recipe by clicking here. Below is a summary of their information: https://www.curves.com/article-detail/recipes/recipe-cabbage-soup-with-brown-rice
Recipe: Cabbage Soup with Brown Rice
1/2 tsp canola oil
4 oz 95% lean ground beef
1/3 whole Bell Pepper - your choice
1/4 whole Carrots
1/8 whole Onion
1/4 tsp caraway seeds
1/4 tsp dried marjoram
1/2 cup Cabbage - green
1/2 whole garlic clove
1/4 cup fire-roasted tomatoes diced - canned
1 1/2 T raisins
1/4 tsp paprika
3/4 oz Brown rice - dry
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a large soup pot. Add the ground meat and sauté for 6 to 7 minutes. Drain off the fat.
2. Add the chopped bell peppers, sliced carrots, chopped onion, caraway seeds, and marjoram and sauté for 10 to 12 minutes.
3. Add the shredded cabbage and minced garlic, cover, and cook an additional 10 minutes.
4. Add 1 Cup water, tomatoes, raisins, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Simmer for 30 to 35 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cook brown rice according to package instructions.
6. Serve cabbage soup with 1/3 C cooked brown rice.