Did you know that the microwave was first patented in 1945? More than likely, you did not actually know that interesting nugget of water-cooler trivia. But what you do know is that the microwave is a literal lifesaver for your busy schedule.
It doesn’t matter if you’re making game-day goodies, after-school snacks or movie-night munchies the microwave is your kitchen BFF. But aren’t you tired of frozen, store-bought snacks? Mr. Appliance® has come up with three quick and easy, homemade snacks that are perfect for any occasion. And yes, these crowd pleasers are all prepared in the microwave. It’s a bona-fide microwave madness!
So, get out of the kitchen and enjoy the fun stuff. It’s snack time!
• ¼ cup popcorn
• 4 squirts of liquid butter
• Pinch of salt
• Couple of shakes of popcorn seasoning
• Brown paper bags
1. Mix together popcorn and liquid butter in a small bowl.
2. Add salt and optional popcorn seasoning.
3. Pour into brown paper bag.
4. Fold top over a few times and tape.
5. Put in microwave and cook for 2-3 minutes or until there is 5 seconds between pops.
Pizza Roll Ups
• Pizza Sauce
• Shredded cheese
• Pizza toppings
• Wood toothpicks
1. Spread pizza sauce on tortilla.
2. Top with your favorite pizza toppings.
3. Roll tortilla.
4. Insert toothpick to keep roll together.
5. Microwave 30 seconds or until cheese is melted.
• 2 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup mayo
• 1 4-oz can chopped green chilies, drained
• 2 oz canned diced jalapeno peppers, drained
• 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Stir together cream cheese and mayo until smooth.
2. Stir in green chilies and jalapeno peppers.
3. Pour into microwave safe dish.
4. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
5. Microwave on high until hot – about 3 minutes.
6. Serve with bread, crackers or chips.