Treats for July 4th
A holiday party without festive and fun treats is like peanut butter without jelly. Like macaroni without cheese. Like a movie without popcorn. Like Lucy without Ethel. You get the idea. It’s something you don’t even want to think about. Plain and simple, it’s just not right.
The Fourth of July is certainly no exception. You’ve got to have treats that sparkle… treats that wow…treats with pizazz. But who has time for a flag cake made with fruit or a red, white and blue trifle? Seriously, nobody's got time for that.
No worries. Mr. Appliance has your back. We’ve come up with a list of three, easy and quick treats for your July 4th gatherings that are yummy and festive.
Ice Cream Sandwiches that Sparkle
Ice Cream Sandwiches
Red, White and Blue Sprinkles
- Unwrap ice cream sandwiches.
- Pour sprinkles on a plate.
- Press the ice-cream sides of the sandwiches onto sprinkles.
- Freeze until ready to eat.
- Serve sandwiches on a festive platter.
Fruit Salad that Wows
White Chocolate Chips (or Yogurt Chips)
- Wash fruit.
- Let fruit dry.
- Put fruit in a festive bowl and gently mix.
- Mix in chips.
Popcorn with Pizazz
Bagged, Microwave Popcorn
White Chocolate Bark
Red and Blue Pop Rocks
- Pop bagged, microwave popcorn per bag directions.
- Melt white chocolate bark per directions.
- Pour popcorn into large bowl.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate bark on popcorn.
- Mix well.
- Stir in Pop Rocks.
- Spread popcorn mixture out on a pan in a single layer.
- Allow chocolate bark to harden (about 5-10 minutes).
- Serve in a fun bucket.
There you have it…three, easy and festive treats that will add sparkle, wow and pizazz to your Fourth of July festivities. If you have a favorite patriotic treat make sure to let us know on the Mr. Appliance Facebook page. We would love to hear from you.