Brown Sugar Pound Cake Cupcakes with Browned-Butter Frosting
BrownSugar Pound Cake Ingredients:
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
Browned-Butter Frosting Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup sifted confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners.
Whisk dry ingredients in a large bowl. Cream butter and sugar with a mixer
until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
2. Reduce speed to low. Mix remaining wet ingredients in a bowl. Add dry
ingredients to butter mixture in 3 additions, alternating with wet ingredients
and ending with dry. Scrape sides of bowl. Divide batter among muffin
cups, filling each full.
3. Bake cupcakes until testers inserted into centers come out clean, about
20 minutes. Let cool in tins on wire racks.
4. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat until nut-brown
in color, about 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat, and pour butter into
a bowl, leaving any burned sediment behind.
5. Add sugar, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon milk; stir until smooth. If the
icing is too thick, add the remaining tablespoon milk, a little at a time,
until consistency is spreadable. Let cool 5 minutes. Use immediately.