FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(800) 207-8515 x.5085
Top 10 Tips to Create a Backyard Tropical Paradise
Summer is here, so fire up the grill, design an outdoor kitchen and set the mood with your pool ambience.
With the uncertain economy and high gas prices, homeowners are doing more staycations than vacations. But there’s no need to stay inside - move the party out.
“Enhancing the backyard for entertaining has become popular,” said Mary Kennedy Thompson, president of Mr. Rooter Corporation. “Homeowners find outdoor living spaces make their homes more appealing.”
Follow these top 10 tips from Mr. Appliance Corp., Mr. Rooter® Plumbing and Mr. Electric® to create your backyard tropical paradise.
- Fire it up! Burn off last summer’s leftovers by turning burners on high, closing the lid and letting the grill run for 30 to 45 minutes. Once complete, brush burned leftovers away.
- Seasoned to perfection. Just like chefs have seasoned cast-iron skillets, grill masters have seasoned grates. Avoid soap or strong chemical cleaning products on the grates.
- Nice catch. Make sure to dump food that falls between the grates housed in the large drip pan and to check for grease overflow in the smaller one below it.
- Take the plunge. Purchase stainless steel sinks for their sturdiness and their ability to withstand weather better. Heavy duty brass fixtures don’t corrode and are rust free.
- Chill out. Install a water line for outdoor kitchen sinks, refrigerators and icemakers and a drain line for the kitchen sink. These can be DIY projects, but hiring a plumber is recommended.
- Summer heat. Set up a gas line for outdoor ranges and grills as well as patio heaters and fireplaces. It’s best to hire a plumber to ensure proper and safe installation.
- Set the mood. When installing lights near a waterfall, pool or garden, hire a certified electrician to avoid electrical hazards.
- Dig deep. To ensure the safety of children and pets, cover all electrical wires.
- Rock on. What’s a party without music? For outdoor speakers, enlist an electrician to make sure there is no faulty wiring that could cause a fire.
Use these tips to impress your guests. By turning your bland backyard into an outdoor oasis, you can be off to your own little paradise in no time.
About Mr. Appliance®:
Mr. Appliance is North America’s largest appliance repair franchise system. Established in 1996, its franchises provide full-service residential and light commercial appliance repair. Mr. Appliance has more than 150 locations throughout the United States and Canada and is consistently ranked among the top home service franchises by Entrepreneur magazine and other industry experts. Mr. Appliance is a subsidiary of The Dwyer Group, Inc. For more information, visit www.mrappliance.com.